• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1707924631297.png

The Amber Alert was issued at 5:10 a.m. after Darnell Taylor was taken from his south Columbus home. The Amber Alert noted the abduction took place at around 3:50 a.m., though Columbus police later said it happened shortly after 3 a.m.
Columbus police said the boy’s foster mother, Pammy Maye, 48, took him from a residence in the 900 block of Reeb Avenue, in Columbus’ Edgewood neighborhood. The Amber Alert stated that Maye advised that she had harmed Taylor and fled in the vehicle.

Let me see if I have this straight... he was at the foster parents home, they were sleeping... Psycho mom wakes up husband and says the child was hurt and then ran off?

Were they planning on sending the child back to bio? There is so much confusion here.

The search began in the early hours of Wednesday. Maye’s husband called 911 shortly before 3 a.m.
According to FOX 8’s sister station, NBC4 in Columbus, an affidavit filed with Franklin County Municipal Court details the call. According to the court document, the man told a 911 operator that his wife, Pammy Maye, said she killed the child. Maye allegedly said the boy was no longer alive and had not been seen since Monday or Tuesday, WCMH reports.
The document said while he was on the phone with dispatchers Maye tried to cover her husband’s mouth while telling him she had a plan, WCMH reports.

Police said during that 911 call, Maye fled their Columbus house. Neither she nor the boy have been seen since.
Pammy Maye and her husband were originally Taylor’s foster parents, and they gained legal custody of the boy prior to the issuance of the Amber Alert, according to a spokesperson for Franklin County Children Services. The agency issued a statement to FOX 8 News that read in part:

Franklin County Children Services is working closely with our partners at Columbus Police. We all share a sense of urgency in locating Darnell and Ms. Maye as soon as possible. His safety is our highest priority. We join in asking for the community’s help in sharing with detectives any information they might have about Darnell and Pammy Maye. At this time, there is little additional information we can share about Darnell, his family, or his history with the agency.

I wish they would stop referring to her as the mother of the child. If anything say she was a foster mother at the beginning of the article not the end.

Legal custody may not mean adoption.

The body of missing five-year-old Darnell Taylor has been found in a sewage drain and his foster mother has been arrested.

The tragic little boy was discovered at 1am on Friday morning in Columbus, Ohio, police have confirmed. A two-day search for the youngster is at an end after cops were alerted on Wednesday to the child's disappearance.
Pammy Maye, the woman suspected of abducting him, was arrested on Tiedeman Road in Brooklyn late last night after someone reported seeing her walking in the area. Police later found the body of the boy nearby.

Maye was taken to a local hospital where she gave information to police about what happened to Darnell. Officers found his body a short time later.

See this one pop up on my breaking news, thought at first it was the story of Darnell Gray the 5 year old killed and stuffed in a suitcase in JC, MO. Broke my heart to hear it wasn’t and was another 5 year old Darnell. What is wrong with people? Little kids are the sweetest, want nothing more than to helpful and loved. Just sick and heartbreaking and she probably won’t get much more than the other one has.. constant delays in trial for every little thing only dragging out the pain of those who loved this little boy.

As she lay in a hospital bed near Cleveland, Pammy Maye couldn't stay silent.
The 48-year-old, in excruciating detail and with little emotion, recounted to detectives how she suffocated 5-year-old Darnell Taylor, for whom Maye and her husband were the legal guardians, and placed his body in a sewage drain — all because she said the boy had eaten snacks in his bed.

"You should never take nobody's life," Maye told Columbus homicide detective Delbert Chapman. "If you take somebody's life, your life should be taken away. Why should I have the right to live?"
About 35 minutes into the video, Columbus homicide detective Delbert Chapman arrived at the hospital. He read Maye her rights, which she waived both verbally and through signing a form.
"I don't want to remain silent because I want to tell the truth," Maye told Chapman.

During the interview, Maye said at least five times that her actions were premeditated.

Maye said she had not consumed any alcohol or drugs, and the video appears to show her receiving IV fluids but no medications.
During the next 40 minutes, Maye told Chapman how she had used a black, 30-gallon trash compactor bag to suffocate Darnell.

"This was premeditated. I always own white trash bags, but I had one (compactor bag) left," Maye said. "I kept one for whatever reason. Of course, I don’t need one to take my son’s life."
When Chapman asked if Darnell fought her as she was putting the trash bag over him, she said "he's real submissive" because she's "real harsh" on him and "more of the alpha" than her husband.

"My husband was more into the cuddling and stuff. Me and my son really didn't have a relationship, it was more a distant relationship because of his behavior and stuff like that," Maye said. "He was tentative about me. I was harsh and strict on him about stuff. My husband was more the good parent."
Maye said she had decided to kill Darnell after he had gotten up in the middle of the night and gotten snacks, a granola bar and some peanut butter crackers, and was eating them in his bed. She told Chapman she was "triggered about the snacks and stuff."
She described going into the 5-year-old's room at 11:06 a.m. on Feb. 13, taking off a pull-up diaper Darnell was wearing and putting the trash bag over his entire body, starting with his head, before tying a double knot at his feet and leaving the room for about 10 minutes.

"He had said stuff, like 'Mommy' and then he said the f-word, but I wasn't paying attention. I didn't care. It was so sad," Maye said. "In 10 minutes, I knew he wasn't moving and plus the bag was heavy."
Maye said she then moved Darnell, still in the trash bag, to a front closet and put him in a child's sleeping bag that had handles on it. She left him in the front closet for more than 12 hours.
A Brooklyn officer asked Maye to clarify what she did, asking if she strangled Darnell.

"No, suffocate him. With a black bag," Maye responded.

"Then you put him in the closet right by the door?" the officer asked.

"I didn't know what to do with his body, but I didn't just want to leave him in the bed," Maye said.
When Maye's husband came home from work hours later at about 11 p.m. Feb. 13, Darnell's body was still in the front closet, Maye said. Her husband assumed the boy was asleep and didn't check on him, she said. A few hours later, around 1:30 a.m. on Feb. 14, she left her house to dump Darnell's body.

Maye described to detectives moving the 5-year-old's body to the trunk of her Jeep, then to the front seating area so that the process of dumping would be quicker. She put an old license plate over the vanity plate on her Jeep to make the vehicle less recognizable and then drove to the area near her parents' home.
"I seen that perfect place," Maye said. "It was a short transaction."

Maye said she pushed Darnell's body, in the sleeping bag, into the drain on Marsdale Avenue on the city's Southwest side, hearing a "thump" before driving back to her home on Reeb Avenue.
At the end of the interview, Maye told Chapman she knows God will forgive her for what she did.

"Regardless, I need to be punished," she said. "I love life and I wouldn't want nobody to execute me, but I understand everything. Why take somebody's life, especially a child that can't live a life? I know better, and I knew what I was doing."
Continue reading

I think this is an act and she is faking it.

Back