• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1689123584064.png

A French toddler wandered away from his relatives’ home in a remote part of southern France over the weekend – and investigators admit they are starting to fear the worst as the search effort grows more desperate.
Émile, 2, was last seen walking away from his grandparents’ residence in Le Haut Vernet, a mountainous hamlet in Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, on Saturday afternoon, The Guardian reported.

By Tuesday, the initial search had expanded into a massive air and ground effort including helicopters broadcasting the tot’s mother’s voice, MailOnline said.

Haut Vernet is also now closed off to outsiders as officials scramble to piece together any remaining clues to the boy’s whereabouts.
“The family was getting ready to leave the house to go on an outing. He took advantage of this fleeting moment [of inattention] to leave,” François Balique, the mayor of the nearby town of Le Vernet, told local television of the moment Émile vanished.
“His grandparents realized he was no longer there when they went to put him in the car,” he said, according to The Guardian.

“It’s a small village with 20 or so houses…we see everything. He could have gone some distance and perhaps got lost or was hiding.”

Investigators initially ruled out the possibility that Émile was abducted, the outlet noted, though it is unclear if that is still the case.

msn put up a status 30m ago

If the child is still alive, and actually in the nearby woods somewhere, they think they got a total of 2 days to find him alive because of details about this particular child + weather

However, if dead, there is this note:

‘Either the body was concealed after an accident, or it was removed’, a gendarmerie spokesperson said, adding the sniffer dogs would have found a body in the region by now.

also this

Officials are investigating whether the young boy could have been hit by a tractor or car and his body taken away, according to La Provence.

Another theory is Émile was known to chase butterflies and could have chased one for a long distance before taking a nap.

Police are also exploring a hypothesis that he could have been kidnapped – despite ruling this out just 24 hours earlier.

Mr Avon, told the same press conference: ‘All the hypotheses remain valid, none is favored or excluded.

Last edited:
It doesn't look good no matter how we look at it. It's already been over 80 hours, and he's a little 2 year old alone somewhere without food and water, in the middle of a heatwave. He could also have been kidnapped, there was a similar disappearance 34 years ago in the same area of a 3 YO, Yannis Moré. If it's an abduction, who knows what's happening to him, or happened in the case he's no longer alive.

My friend called me last night about 11pm. She said her and her husband was getting ready for bed and saw a car parked on the side of the road across from her house. Right before you get to her house there is a an almost right angle curve and lots of folks have missed the curve and destroyed her property and one even hit her house once, So it's not unusual to see a car out there, so her husband went out to see if he could help get them going before someone idiot came around the curve.

He came back in a few minutes to say a man in one car and then a 2 teenage boys in another car had stopped out there because the man just happened to see a child walking up the road, a girl about 4 had her blanklet and was going to Pookie's house because Pookie had cookies and GiGi didn't. The cops came and took her to find Pookie's because she wouldn't tell them where GiGi was. This is the country, no street lights and no moon last night, so the man that saw her was an absolute hero.

I hope they found Pookie and then found GiGi. I would have not wanted to be GiGi and wake up to find my granddaughter gone.

It's happened right there one other time about 20ish years ago but it was much more horrible. Two kids aged about 8 and 5 walked, right past my friend's house, about 2 miles at midnight, in the rain in January to a relatives house, the boy, Cody woke up and smelled something funny in the house, mama, Angela, wouldn't wake up, and daddy's, Charles face was messed up. he dressed Abby and they went off to find help. The dad had strangled pregnant mama and turned on the gas and then shot himself. It's a miracle the kids survived that. I knew the kids from Cub Scouts. As far as I know, nobody ever figured out why Charles did what he did. He fully intended to kill his kids too, just Cody was smart enough to know they needed help.

Missing French boy’s dad has ‘very worrying profile’​

The article doesn't say what the "very worrying profile" is, but there must be a history with law enforcement.

Post automatically merged:

And then there's this.... even more suspicious.

Search for toddler missing in French Alps called off​

Authorities say that the inquiry will "shift to evaluation of evidence already gathered."

Last edited:
This is the end of a mystery that has lasted since July 2023 . In a press release released on Sunday March 31, the Aix-en-Provence prosecutor announced that the bones of little Emile Soleil, aged 2 and a half, were discovered on Saturday "near the hamlet Vernet" , where the young child was last seen.

First opened, for a worrying disappearance, in Digne-les-Bains, the investigation was quickly entrusted to two investigating judges from Aix-en-Provence, then reclassified as criminal grounds for “kidnapping” and “sequestration” . This discovery of bones is therefore an important step in the investigation into his disappearance. No leads had been put aside, even if the theory of a fatal fall had faded following the multiple searches organized in the surroundings of the hamlet, after which no body had been found.

On Thursday, investigators organized a “scenario” that brought together Emile’s family, neighbors and witnesses in the hamlet, almost nine months after the start of the investigation. In total, 17 people were summoned by the courts to reconstruct the moment when the little boy was last seen.

From @EastWestSouthNorth's link

Remains belonging to a little French boy who vanished without a trace eight months ago have been discovered in the Alps.

Ramblers discovered the bones of two-year-old Émile Soleil close to the isolated family home from where he went missing last year. A source told MailOnline that only part of the body was found, with some bones and the skull being recovered.

A statement released by public prosecutors in Aix-en-Provence on Sunday said 'genetic analysis identifies' the bones as belonging to Èmile.

It added that 'criminalistic analysis' was also underway, and that gendarmes were carrying out 'additional research' in the area where they were found.

Back