• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An 81-year-old man in Texas is dead, and three other individuals are injured after being attacked by two dogs on Friday.

The San Antonio Police Department said in a press release that the attack occurred as the man, whose identity has not been released, visited a relative with a female companion.
Witnesses tell the SAPD that the dogs, who are of the American Staffordshire Terrier breed, had broken through the front gate of a nearby home just before the incident. They then attacked the couple as they stepped out of their vehicle and bit their relative on the hand. The dogs also injured a San Antonio Fire Department captain by biting him in the leg after officials began to arrive at the scene.

SAFD Chief Charles Hood told KSAT-TV that the department had to fight the dogs off with pickaxes and pike poles as soon as they arrived.
"This is not something normal for us. We usually don't show up and have to defend patients from animals or ourselves," he said.

"Horrific scene, horrific for the people who experienced it and horrific for our firefighters that were part of this," he added.
Information obtained during a preliminary investigation into the attack shows that the SAPD responded to a prior incident relating to the dogs in November.

During a visit to the property by SAPD officials, the property's owner was told that the dogs needed to stay inside the property. At least two of the dogs were also involved in a pair of confirmed bite cases in January and September 2021.

1677429788218.png

The identity of the man who was killed has not been publicly released, and the medical examiner's office did not respond to a request for information Saturday. Police said he was 81 years old and the woman who was critically injured is 74. The city described her in a statement as his companion.
The couple were visiting relatives and had just stepped out of a vehicle shortly before 2 p.m. when at least two of the canines breached a gate on the property where they were kept and attacked, the city said.
The first city fire rescue crews on scene saw a bloodied man being dragged around a corner by dogs, Hood said. The first responders fended off the canines with pickaxes and pike poles, he said.

“This is not something normal for us,” the chief said. “We don’t usually show up and have to defend patients from animals.”

The man was rushed to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Hood said.

The suspect, Christian Alexander Moreno, 31, faces charges of possessing a dog involved in a fatal attack and injuring the elderly, both felonies, police said.
The three dogs involved in the attack or which were off their property at the time were euthanized, Animal Care Services said Saturday. The dogs were described as American Staffordshire Terriers.
1677429772866.png

Those who wish to own pit bulls should be forced to have insurance and undergo training.

I also don;t want to hear how it is discriminatory - if you can't afford insurance or training than you should not be allowed to own a pit bull.
or any dogs for that matter cuz even the smallest breeds if untrained or uncontrolled can cause serious damage especially when more than one dog is attacking... and for sure training for both the humans and the pets....

You have to watch the video at the link to see the fucking wife/owner of the dogs - she says her husband is not at fault and he is traumatized by what happened.

I would not care if someone from the family of the deceased came and knocked this bitch upside the head one, two maybe three times.

It not only traumatized me, I know it traumatized my husband," says Abilene Moreno, who believes her husband, 31-year-old Christian Alexander Moreno is not at fault.

Moreno feels remorse for what happened Friday afternoon, two of her dogs mauled and killed 81-year-old Ramon Najeras.
Moreno called News 4/Fox 29 Sunday morning, hoping to speak and tell her side of what has happened with the dogs. An attempt to save her family and her husband from what she believes is a wrong perception.
According to San Antonio Police and Animal Care Services, two of Moreno's dogs have been involved in previous bite incidents; one in September of 2021 and one in January 2023. Moreno says her dogs had to be quarantined by ACS after the January attack. An arrest affidavit shows ACS required the Moreno's to use a body harness along with a tether in the yard and to sterilize both dogs.

She claims she did.

"We never neglected them. We always made sure the gates were closed. We always made sure their harnesses were on them after we got them from ACS," explained Moreno.
Now unsure of what to do next, Moreno says her husband is held on bond and she's focused on getting him out. She also told News 4/Fox 29 she signed over all of the dogs she had in the house because she did not want any other problems in the future.

Two dogs were involved in the attack, one other dog was in the area. All three have been euthanized by ACS.

1677597452310.png

Shitty dog owner

After the death of an 81-year-old, Ramon Najera after a brutal dog attack, dog owner Christian Alexander Moreno is now behind bars.

Moreno's dogs have attacked two other individuals in the neighborhood before on two separate occasions. ACS has been called to report the dogs' violent behavior multiple times in the past.
Police spoke with Moreno's wife who also lives at the residence and she said that she has "been scared of the dogs since they were sterilized because they have been more aggressive." Moreno's wife also shared that the dogs have been attacking each other in the yard.
Most recently, ACS required Moreno to use a dog harness and tether in the yard and was also asked to sterilize both dogs, which he did.

The warrant shares that Moreno provided a statement to police that had complied with all ACS requirements and guidelines.
The affidavit says that she told her husband that she wanted him to return the dogs to ACS for "everyone's safety."
Three firemen were attacked by the two dogs while trying to deter them away from the victims as well.

Moreno returned home during the attack and secured the dogs inside his home. Animal Control services later took the dogs under their custody.
A witness recorded a cell phone video of the attack that showed that the dogs were not wearing collars or harnesses in the video.

The video also showed the dogs' ease of utilizing a hole in the fence to escape.

Police say there is a small stake in the center of the hole was there in an attempt to repair the fence.
The video also showed the attack of the firefighter who responded and the dogs were struck by their axes but the dogs were relentless.
Christian Alexander Moreno remains in Bexar County jail with bonds totaling up to $125,000.

While I do own a pitbull mix myself, I would never, ever have a dog of any breed that has already attacked a person. Sorry, but one strike is enough. I would have him/her humanely euthanized and would be devastated, but I could not live with myself otherwise.

GoFundMe set up to help family of San Antonio man brutally killed by dogs​

1677601639957.png

$19,452 raised of $10,000 goal

On February 24th, 2023, our beloved grandparents Ramon and Janie Najera were brutally attacked by two dogs on the west side of San Antonio. This fatal attack took our grandfather's life and left our grandmother in grave condition. As she recovers and heals from this tragedy, we are asking family, friends, and loved ones for any donations that can help cover medical and funeral costs. Ramon was a San Antonio native, a US Air Force veteran, and an adventurous, outgoing, and loving family man. He was recently put on dialysis but was determined to enjoy life to the fullest despite his health condition. On behalf of the family, we extend our deepest gratitude to those who can assist us during this challenging time.

A San Antonio pit bull breeding couple 'used meat to train their dogs to be aggressive' prior to the fatal mauling of an 81-year-old man.
Christian Alexander Moreno was arrested and charged with criminal negligence - dangerous dog attack resulting in death and injury to elderly and remains in jail. His wife Abilene Schnieder, 31, has now also been slapped with the same charges.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...o-man-81-mauled-death-pack-dogs-pictured.html
Ramon Najera, 81, had been trying to protect his wife, 74, from the couple's three pit bulls after they broke free from a yard on February 26 and mauled him to death. His wife, along with two other men, were also injured in the attack.
The dogs had attacked two other people in the neighborhood on two separate occasions and fresh evidence points to the criminal couple having 'trained' them to be vicious killers.
Investigators told news4sanantonio that the pit bulls made an easy escape from their yard through a hole in the fence.

According to the arrest report, a witness video showed that the dogs were not wearing collars or harnesses - a requirement of Animal Control Services (ACS). Moreno had told investigators that he had complied with the guidelines.

Police said they'd received tips that Moreno and Schnieder 'have been breeding the dogs and training the dogs to be aggressive with meat.'

The affidavit goes on to state that Schneider also had 'recorded conversations with her husband regarding how dangerous the dogs had become. '

The three terrifying American Staffordshire Terriers were euthanized, and 'multiple reports of the dogs' violent behavior' emerged in the wake of the deadly attack.

Following the incident, and before her arrest, Schnieder claimed her husband wasn't responsible for the attack and that they'd taken care when raising the dogs.

Following the first couple of attacks, the dogs had been removed from their possession but they were quickly brought back after the couple's children begged for their return.

They should be charged with causing the death of these animals as well.

If not for their cruel and inhumane treatment of them this might never have happened.

Hate on me all you want - neck, face and visible chest tattoos scream I am a piece of garbage that offers nothing to society.

Clearly I am a fan of the look of the breed, I mean look left and you'll see, but I agree with @Sugar Cookie wholeheartedly. It's not a breed to get into with your eyes wide shut and these vicious knuckle-dragging idiots made the dogs 1000X worse by training them with actual fucking meat. That's just fucking cruel. Cruel to the animals that don't know any better and cruel to the human beings (and I means ALL of the human beings around these dogs) that had to be around the damn dogs. They were intentionally creating killers. I'd be happy if neither one of them ever saw the light of day as free people ever again... :finger:

ETA: Fixed the extra letter in the word "meat"

Last edited:
I don’t understand the meat deal here, feeding dogs meat, even raw meat does not make dogs aggressive
I've always heard that using meat, when it's used in such a way that the animals are forced to fight over it, does make them more aggressive. Not that the meat itself makes them more aggressive, but the training that to get it, it had to be fought over is what brings the aggression out. Including from one asshat I used to know (because he dated my good friend) that raised fighting dogs a la Michael Vick... :blackeye: <--- that's for the asshat, not you!

1713734379557.png

Abilene Schnieder and Christian Moreno have a mandatory pre-trial hearing Wednesday April 10, according to Ashley Chavez, District 226 Court Coordinator.

The couple, Christian Moreno and Abilene Schnieder, are accused of failing to secure their pit bulls, which resulted in the mauling death of an 81-year-old man and injury to his wife back in February.
Investigators say that the dogs got out easily from a hole in the fence. According to the arrest report, a witness video showed that the dogs were not wearing collars or harnesses, which were a requirement of Animal Control Services (ACS) when they released the dogs back to the couple.

The couple's dogs had attacked two other people in the neighborhood on two separate occasions. ACS said they had been called out "to report the dogs' violent behavior multiple times in the past."

Jun 15, 2023

Allstate has recently taken legal action to distance itself from any financial obligations in a case involving a deadly dog attack that occurred in San Antonio, Texas.
The lawsuit was filed by the insurance giant against Christian Alexander Moreno and Abilene Schneider Moreno, the individuals responsible for the dogs involved in the deadly incident.
The Morenos are currently being sued for $1 million in negligent damages by the widow of 81-year-old Ramon Najera, who lost his life on February 24 after being attacked by their dogs.
Learn more about pet liability insurance work here.
In response, the Morenos have requested that Allstate provide them with a defense and indemnity under their insurance policy. However, Allstate argued that it is not obligated to provide coverage for any injuries or damages claimed by Najera’s wife.
According to court documents, Allstate issued a house and home policy to Carlos Moreno, Christian’s father, for the property where the dog attack took place.
Allstate contended that Carlos and his spouse are the only individuals listed as “insured persons” under the policy, and that Christian and Abilene do not qualify as insured persons.
The insurer also claimed that its policy does not cover any person who keeps animals on the insured property without permission from the owner.
Both Christian and Abilene Moreno were arrested on charges of a dangerous dog attack causing death and injury to an elderly person, according to a report by local outlet KSAT 12.

The dogs were euthanized at the San Antonio Animal Care Services following the incident.

"We never neglected them. We always made sure the gates were closed. We always made sure their harnesses were on them after we got them from ACS," explained Moreno.
Does she expect people to believe her dogs managed to get out there by osmosis? Or that they just magically popped out there with no harnesses or collars on?

Police say there is a small stake in the center of the hole was there in an attempt to repair the fence.
In other words, they knew full well that there was a place these dogs could escape through.

Back