• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1677800064423.png

A New Jersey woman’s fight against eviction ended in a deadly blaze Wednesday when she intentionally started a fire in the home she shared with dozens of cats and refused to vacate.

The woman and dozens of cats died in the massive fire, which broke out shortly after 11 a.m. in Roosevelt, authorities said.

State police had served the unidentified woman an eviction notice but she refused to leave and threatened to blow up the house.
“We’re getting reports that the resident turned on the gas of the residence prior to igniting,” New Jersey State Police Lt. Lawrence Peele said, according to CBS News.

Neighbors were evacuated while police had a standoff with the woman. Multiple fire departments responded to the home but were unable to get the woman out alive. No other injuries were reported.

“They knocked on our door this morning. Thank God it was a pretty loud knock. I grabbed [my son]. They told us to leave. She was threatening with a bomb or to bomb the house and ended up with a fire,” one neighbor, Erin Luca, told the outlet.
The woman was the sole occupant of the house, located on Cedar Court. The once-cat-filled home is completely charred and an attached home is unlivable.

That seems like a pretty big space for 1 person. How unbelievably selfish to just destroy someone else's house because she can't use it anymore. This is the kind of shit that makes landlords be extremely picky who they let move in. I had to do backflips through hoops to secure the rental we're in now. For an insane amount of rent but it was actually the cheapest house rental available at the time.

An entire family could have made use of that home once it was cleaned and she just destroyed it out of selfishness. It's good she's dead in my opinion. The world has enough selfish people as it is.

Back