• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1662725152031.png

The owner of the Ford Expedition flew into a rage when his neighbor’s dog jumped up on his car while the dog’s owner apologized saying he was “just a puppy.”

That still didn’t appease Shawn M. Sallee Jr., who became more enraged when “Leo” jumped up on the passenger side. Still in a rage, Sallee ended up shooting the dog in the head before he drove off, court documents said.

Sallee, 31, was charged Thursday with torturing or mutilating a vertebrate animal and criminal recklessness committed with a deadly weapon. Both charges are Level 6 felonies, which normally carry a bond of $2,500. There is a warrant for Sallee’s arrest.
Twice Sallee told the dog’s owners “Get that (expletive) dog off my car…I’m telling you…get that (expletive) dog off my car,” according to the probable cause affidavit written by Fort Wayne detective Bryce Zolman.

While the dog’s owner tried to “corral” Leo, Sallee grabbed a gun from the passenger side of the Expedition, then put it away when he realized one of the dog’s owners was about to record the incident on her cell phone.
Driving away, Sallee threatened to hit the dog, using another expletive and when Leo ran around the vehicle as the male owner chased him, Sallee “reached over from the driver’s seat and shot Leo in the head, killing the dog,” court documents said. Then Sallee drove away.

Both the woman and the man said they witnessed Sallee shoot the dog as he leaned over on the passenger side.

I don't agree with killing the dog. I do agree with him being pissed off though. I'm sure he was worried that the dog was leaving scratches all over his car that he would have to pay for. Plus (unless I missed it) it doesn't even say what kind of puppy. Some "puppies" are huge. Maybe he wanted out of the car and was afraid of being attacked and that got his adrenaline up. Gives me cujo vibes. (As all can tell I have a strong phobia of dogs)

I agree its the owners fault. The dog should have been leashed since obviously it wasn't trained to listen.

That’s a sad story, I do agree this probably would not have happened if Leo was on a leash. If I were the neighbor I would do my best to avoid Mr sallee, he’s strung pretty tight!

Back