• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 3-year-old girl has been missing since February after her incarcerated mother placed her in the care of a friend.

On Sept. 4, the Augusta County Sheriff’s Office was notified that Amanda Arey, an inmate at Middle River Regional Jail, reported to an officer that she placed her 3-year-old daughter, Khaleesi Cuthriell, in the care of Candi Royer back in October 2020.

Arey told deputies that she was told Royer gave Khaleesi to her maternal aunt or grandmother.

Investigators later determined this information to be untrue and classified Khaleesi as a missing person. Royer was also reported as a missing person; however, investigators believed her to be with her boyfriend, Travis Brown, who is a fugitive.

On Sept. 12, authorities tracked Royer and Brown in South Greensburg, Pa. Officials then arrested the pair at a hotel without incident.

Both Royer and Brown are currently being held in the Westmoreland County Prison. Each is charged with one felony count of abuse and neglect of children. The whereabouts of Khaleesi are still unknown. The investigation is still active.
1631799855439.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So the father is saying the baby is dead? What the hell happened to Candi? If you look through her posts she was a beautiful woman less than a year ago, posting about welcoming the baby into the family. Then Travis cheated with this other chick that looks a lot like her. Then all the sudden candi and travis get back together kid disappears, they disappear where is the other 3 year old the one candi and travis had togehter?? is she safe? what a freaking mess.
The father
Candi
Brittany the girlfriend/ex now

@Ocean1982 Thanks for the FB tip. One of my favorite things is looking at these fool’s FB. The drama and illiteracy of it all! I definitely got second hand meth poisoning from her profile. It’s sad that her mugshot is actually one of her most flattering photos. Sheesh! She and her wacko “Hills Have Eyes” boyfriend hurt that baby. No doubt.

The pictures from Christmas tells some tale. The missing girl has her back almost to the camera on all pictures, with a pink hat on.
And in this picture, zoom in on her ear and ankle:

Post automatically merged:

Even her little toes in this one:

Post automatically merged:

She looks absolutely terrified and alone :(
Betting she is gone..

Last edited:
Authorities are now charging Candi Royer and Travis Brown with aggravated murder in connection with the disappearance of 3-year-old Khaleesi Cuthriell.
The couple are also charged with felony murder, conspiring & unlawfully concealing a dead body, conspiring to commit aggravated murder, and conspiring to commit child abuse. Brown is also charged with child abuse. The Augusta County Sheriff’s Office announced the additional charges during a press conference Tuesday, May 24.
Royer and Brown have been in custody for months as investigators search for Khaleesi, who was last seen back in January 2021. She was reported missing in September 2021.

Khaleesi was in the care of Royer and Brown before her disappearance. Authorities did not say if they have located her remains

I'm pretty sure the pink hat is because they shaved her hair off. We have some family photos one year where my 3 little cousins found their dad's trimmer and gave themselves all a horrible stripe of buzz cut on top of their heads so they could look like daddy (He was bald on top). They all had to be buzzed the rest of the way. The boys were no big deal but the daughter was a shock for my aunt. Since it was winter all 3 got toques to wear on xmas

She was probably their scapegoat punishment child. Blamed for every stress they had while their own kid looks fine and still has all her hair.

If there were maternal relatives why was the baby given to some junkie whore while mom went to jail? Why didnt her father step up? There was a horrible sickness floating around the entire world and this little girl had no one to protect her. I hope all the adults involved in her life are overwhelmed with guilt. Because they are guilty of letting this happen.

Following two days of testimony, an Augusta County jury found Travis Brown guilty Wednesday in the torture and killing of 3-year-old Khaleesi Cuthriell.

Convicted of aggravated murder, Brown, 31, will automatically be given life in prison with no chance of parole when formally sentenced Feb. 8.

The jury took just less than four hours to reach its decision.

The prosecution rested its case Wednesday morning in Augusta County Circuit Court. Defense attorney Dana Cormier declined to put any witnesses on the stand, including Brown, and the jury began deliberating by about 12:30 p.m.
It was announced by the Augusta County Sheriff’s Office in September 2021 that Cuthriell was missing. Her body has never been found.
After police captured Brown and Royer at a motel in South Greensburg, Pennsylvania, the same month Khaleesi was reported missing, Brown was interrogated by investigators from the Augusta County Sheriff’s Office. During questioning, he finally admitted the toddler was dead after initially lying and telling investigators a CPS official in a state car had taken her away in January 2021.
In explaining her death, Brown claimed she purposely hit her head on a doorframe and died on the second floor of the home he shared with Royer. A drug addict at the time, Brown said he then passed out. After waking, Brown said he left Khaleesi’s body on the floor until the next day, when he said he wrapped her in a blanket and put her body in a garbage can.
Evidence during the trial showed Khaleesi was being abused soon after she began living with Brown and Royer. Videos and photographs showed most of Khaleesi's body was already covered in bruises, cuts and burns just several weeks after moving into the couple's home. Large swaths of hair were also missing.
Video of Khaleesi taken Jan. 12, 2021, perhaps her last day alive, according to Augusta County Commonwealth's Attorney Tim Martin, showed a frightened and confused child being verbally berated by Royer while being made to stand naked in a dry bathtub in her own feces. Missing most of her hair and covered in cuts and bruises, the toddler was visibly shaking during the ordeal.
With a nearly packed courtroom looking on, Martin told the jury Khaleesi was starved, burned, isolated and beaten. He also noted that the bloodstained wall containing Khaleesi's DNA was found near a doorframe in her bedroom.

Martin said the couple had total control over the toddler and their intent was to kill her. “He threw her away,” he said of Brown. “She was somebody’s baby, and once he was done with her he threw her away.”
Defense attorney Dana Cormier argued during his closing argument that Royer was the one who psychologically and physically abused Khaleesi. “We saw her doing it in the videos,” he said.
Cormier implored the jury not to let anger get in the way of its decision-making process. “Take a breath and let’s do our job as jurors right now,” he said.

Cormier said he will file an appeal.

The jury convicted Brown on a lesser murder charge as well, but it's not clear what will happen to that charge since he was also convicted on the more serious charge of aggravated murder. Brown was also found guilty of child abuse.

"We certainly didn't have a doubt as to whether Travis Brown participated in this," Martin said following the verdicts.
Martin said the two-year investigation into Khaleesi's death was "unbelievably trying. The pictures that you saw, what happened to her, has been devastating ever since we learned about it."
Video of Khaleesi taken Jan. 12, 2021, perhaps her last day alive, according to Augusta County Commonwealth's Attorney Tim Martin, showed a frightened and confused child being verbally berated by Royer while being made to stand naked in a dry bathtub in her own feces. Missing most of her hair and covered in cuts and bruises, the toddler was visibly shaking during the ordeal.
They both should have been eligible for the death penalty. The person who stands by and watches the abuse is just as bad or worse than the actual abuser.

Her last day was horrific and just too painful to imagine.

1695673581735.png

She looks like she lacks a soul.

Candi Royer pleaded guilty to one charge of first-degree murder in the death Khaleesi Cuthriell in court Wednesday, Sept. 13.
Royer’s guilty plea waived her right to a trial, which was scheduled for Oct 16 - Oct 20. In the Commonwealth, first-degree murder has sentencing guidelines of 20 years in prison to life in prison.

The last time Royer and her legal team were in court, they were asking for a venue change to avoid jury bias in the trial. On her Sep 19 arraignment hearing, Royer unexpectedly pleaded guilty to a plea deal with the Commonwealth.
  • Child Abuse Serious Injury
  • Aggravated Murder
  • Concealing a Dead Body
  • Homicide
Those charges were dropped as part of the plea deal.

Travis Brown, one defendant in the death of Khaleesi Hope Cuthriell, was sentenced to life in prison for murder, along with 20 years for child abuse. Brown has unresolved felony and misdemeanor probation violation charges, which are set to be resolved on June 20 at 10:15 a.m.
Though evidence was presented over three days in August 2023 in an emotional and difficult trial, both the commonwealth and the defense were given a chance to speak.

The commonwealth brought up Amanda Mullen, Khaleesi’s mom, to give her a chance to speak. Before long, there were only a few dry eyes in the room. Her statement, often unintelligible as she spoke through her tears, said she cannot make sense of what happened to Khaleesi.
“I thought she’d be safe. I thought you were my friends,” she said.

Mullen listed things Khaleesi will never get to do: write her name, have her first boyfriend, get married.

When Mullen addressed Brown as Khaleesi’s killer, he spoke out of turn, saying, “I didn’t [kill Khaleesi].”

Mullen continued her statement, saying she carries a lot of guilt from what happened to Khaleesi.
“I know a lot of things have been admitted and denied, but the facts are still the facts, and the evidence is the evidence.”

She made a final plea to Brown to confess where the child’s remains are because “she deserves to be buried where someone knows where she is.
The judge allowed Brown to speak. He carried several sheets of paper and read off of those. He said he never knew what was going on with Khaleesi; he said he was a heroin addict and was only focused on the next time he could get high.
He said he plans to appeal the decision, and he said he’ll be found not guilty in the end and that he expects an apology from everyone who believed he was guilty.

Candi Royer was sentenced to life on Thursday, Feb. 22.
Royer appeared in court in person and sat silently, unlike Brown, who frequently visibly reacted to statements and occasionally spoke out of turn, as proceedings played out. Thursday morning’s hearing lasted just less than three hours, with councils submitting 54 photos and one video into evidence without each having to be explained.
Royer had an opportunity to make a statement, and she chose to. She began it by apologizing to Mullen.

“I know there’s nothing I can say or do to make it better,” she said.

She explained she didn’t kill Khaleesi, but she contributed by not calling the police or taking the child to get medical attention.

“I take full responsibility for my lack of action,” she said. “I loved Khaleesi and I failed her.”
After Royer’s statement, the judge delivered his sentence, first briefly speaking to Royer. He said if she were truly remorseful, she’d tell the whole truth of what happened to Khaleesi.
“Even now, [we] don’t know all the details. Let me suggest to you that’s what remorse looks like.”

Royer will be eligible for parole in her lifetime according to Virginia law and Martin. He said her first opportunity for parole would be geriatric parole, which becomes a possibility after the age of 65.

Back