• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
38-year-old South Carolina mother of three is currently fighting for her life after she was attacked by dogs Monday morning.

Kyleen Waltman has already lost both her arms and doctors plan on amputating her leg, WYFF reported.

Her distressed family said she has a long road ahead of her.

"She was walking home on Ball Dirt Road and she got to a place where there was dogs and the dogs had attacked her, and now she's fighting for her life in the hospital," said Shenna Green, the victim's sister. "They had to take both of her arms off. Um they, she was about dead when they found her. She done bled out. She died three times so far and they're gonna take your leg off. They took her colon out but she's still undergoing surgery right now, but she's still fighting for her life."

The local sheriff's office said animal control has taken possession of the dogs.
1648129462367.png

A dog owner was in court Thursday morning after an Upstate woman was injured during a 'vicious' dog attack in Abbeville County, South Carolina, deputies say.

The owner of the three dogs was identified as Justin L. Minor, according to the Abbeville County Sheriff's Office.

Minor has been arrested and charged for the following:

• Three counts of animals/penalty for the owner of dangerous animal attacks and injures a human or owning, selling, breed, etc. for the purpose
  • Animals/rabies control chapter violation
  • Animals/dangerous animals not permitted beyond premises unless restrained.
Minor was visibly upset during the hearing. The judge explained the charges and the court process. She set his bond at $15,000 and said he is due back in court in May.

Abbeville Animal Control did immediately take possession of the dogs (two pit bulls and a mixed breed) on the day of the incident, deputies say.

The dogs did not have up-to-date rabies shots, deputies say.
1648129717910.png

1648129442465.png

1648129786325.png

$45,684 raised of $123,457,000 goal​

Such a horrific story. One time when I lived in the country, my car broke down and I was walking back home with my son on a 2-lane road when I saw several dogs in the road. I declined to go any farther and waited on someone to happen along to offer me a ride.

@BuffettGirl I would hate anyone who “saved” me at this point!! Hell she cannot end her own life .. honestly what kind of quality of life is she going to have .. quadriplegic ..no bowels (colostomy or ileostomy) .. the right thing .. the kind thing is to let her pass on to whatever is after this life .. it’s absolutely selfish to keep her alive ..

Last edited:
@BuffettGirl I would hate anyone who “saved” me at this point!! Hell she cannot end her own life .. honestly what kind of quality of life is she going to have .. quadriplegic ..no bowels (colostomy or ileostomy) .. the right thing .. the kind thing is to let her pass on to whatever is after this life .. it’s absolutely self to keep her alive ..
That's what I was thinking... I can't imagine being happy like that. :oops:

On Monday, Waltman's sister, Amy Wynne, posted an update saying her sister had had a good day but then had to be put back on life support.

Read the full update below:

"Hello everyone.. I thought I’d give a little update on Kyleen. Yesterday she had a good day, they woke her up and she was able to see her daughters and our Mama and talk to them. They took her to surgery where she spent over 5 hours because she was running a slight fever and was showing signs of infection. She did have a small nub on her right shoulder where she would of been able to have a Prosthetic but, the infection was in that nub so they had to remove it all the way to the shoulder. She did good all night off life support no sedation slept good. Then something happened overnight and they had to sedate her and put her back on life support. Blood pressure jumped up to 290/197 and her heart beat up to 197 beats. She’s no longer breathing on her own oxygen levels dropped to 50. They did a scan of her lungs and they’re full of fluid. They are giving her different medications to see if she will pee the fluids out. Doctor doesn’t no if its pneumonia or not. The power of our Lord Jesus Christ is powerful. I ask that when you say your prayers tonight to please say an extra one for mi sister and my Mama. My sisters body has been through so much and physically and mentally my Mama is having a hard time. Please pray Jesus keeps his hands on Kyleen and pulls her through this. Again thank you all for everything…"

To read the sister's update from Monday, click here.

Authorities also alluded to video they said captured Minor telling a sergeant, “Those dogs will bite anyone.” According to Hines, Minor revealed that the dogs were not vaccinated against rabies—nor had they received any kind of vaccination.

This Minor guy is a trashy little piece of shit. He deserves to go away for a long, long time.

Two pitbulls belonging to the same man whose animals mauled a mother in rural South Carolina last month had previously been reported in connection with another alleged attack, authorities said in court on Thursday.

The revelation came at a hearing in Abbeville County Magistrate’s Court, where prosecutors convinced a judge that they had probable cause to charge Justin Minor with multiple violations of animal-control laws, ranging from ownership of dangerous animals to letting the animals roam freely on the premises.

“It was just one of the most gruesome animal attacks that I’ve ever seen in my career,” Lieutenant Jeffrey Hines of the Abbeville County Sheriff’s Office testified of the March 21 attack on Kyleen Waltman at the preliminary hearing.

After the attack, doctors had to amputate both of Waltman’s legs and her colon, and weeping by her mother punctuated the silence long before the judge stepped foot into the courtroom Thursday. It was the first time the 38-year-old’s family faced the owner of the dogs who attacked Waltman in Honea Path last month.

A passerby witnessed the attack and found Waltman in a ditch across the street from Minor’s house, indicating they had left the property, Hines said. According to the cop, the local, a man named Avery Presley, fired his gun in the air to get the dogs off of her. He proceeded to call 911 and get help for Waltman, who remains in dire straits in the hospital.

Rather than an isolated incident, Hines told the judge Thursday, dogs tied to Minor had been involved in at least one other report to animal control, if not police. An attorney for Minor did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday, after failing to convince the judge that there was no probable cause to charge his client.

Roy Ashley was in a VA hospital in Asheville, North Carolina, in December when he revealed a dog bite he said stemmed from an incident at Minor’s home, according to Hines.

Local animal control was notified of the incident, but no dogs were turned over, Hines said. At that time, he suggested, local law enforcement beyond animal control was not notified. Animal control conducted an investigation in which they spoke to two people in the yard of the home; the two people who spoke stated they didn’t own large dogs, only small dogs, according to their report.

They attempted to make more contact but were unable to reach anyone else at the home, Hines continued, citing the animal control report. Hines said he was not certain that the animals involved in the December incident were the same ones that were euthanized after the attack on Waltman last month.

In addition to recapping the previous incident, Hines opined on the horrific nature of Waltman’s injuries.

Hines told the court that when she was rescued by authorities, at least one of Waltman’s tricep muscles was removed and all that was left of her left arm was bone. The dogs had ripped pieces of flesh off the mother, who was airlifted to a hospital. So far, she has: received a tracheostomy to remove fluid from her lungs; had amputations of her arms; had shoulder bones removed such that she may not be able to receive regular prosthetics; had her colon removed; and been through skin graft operations.

After the incident, the lieutenant continued, Minor gave the dogs to animal control, indicating that they had previously killed some of his chickens. Once the chickens were killed, Minor suggested to his wife that they should put the dogs down, but she said no, Hines continued, citing a recorded conversation with the defendant.

One of Minor’s neighbors told investigators that he was afraid to go outside when the dogs were out, Hines said. During the hearing, the investigator added that the neighbor said they carried a stick to fend the dogs off.

Authorities also alluded to video they said captured Minor telling a sergeant, “Those dogs will bite anyone.” According to Hines, Minor revealed that the dogs were not vaccinated against rabies—nor had they received any kind of vaccination.

And when police arrived on the scene of Waltman’s attack around 10:30 a.m. on March 21, Hines said, officers noticed that it was effectively an open property. A prosecutor suggested there was little to no fencing, though there were some kennels on the scene.

Meanwhile, Waltman’s existence is a tortured one. After waking up from her amputation surgery, she was so distraught that doctors had to place her back under. She was also previously asking her mom to hold her hand, apparently not realizing her arms had been amputated.

Waltman seems to have since come to terms with the extent of her injuries. Her latest surgery came on Tuesday, when doctors operated on her leg and placed a skin graft on her right shoulder.

<<<[...] Minor gave the dogs to animal control, indicating that they had previously killed some of his chickens. Once the chickens were killed, Minor suggested to his wife that they should put the dogs down, but she said no.

Minor can't control his dogs. He can't even stand up to his wife. His budget for adult protections must be enormous.

A South Carolina woman who had both arms amputated after being savagely mauled by three pit bulls also lost her vocal cords in the horrific attack and has undergone 13 surgeries so far, according to the mom of three’s sister.

“When she passed out, they were eating her alive,” Amy Wynne, 41, told the Daily Mail about her sister Kyleen Waltman, who was savagely attacked on a sidewalk in Honea Path northwest of Columbia on March 21.
“The dogs dragged her, they scalped her. Her skull was showing. They tore her left eyelid off. They tore her right cheek off, left a hole. They ate the skin off her inner thigh and ate the flesh off her arms and ripped them off,” she said.

Waltman has received 109 staples in the front of her head and at least 90 on the back to close her gaping wounds, her sister told the outlet.
She also was fitted with a permanent trachea tube in her throat because bacteria from the dogs’ mouths got into her esophagus, Wynne said, adding that Waltman has to speak using a voice-generator box after losing her vocal cords.

The gravely injured woman nearly died three times — in the ambulance, in the helicopter and on the operating table, Wynne told the outlet.
“They had to put in a colonoscopy bag and her appendix shut down and they put her on dialysis. Doctors are hoping to regrow the tissue for her colon,” she said.
“By the grace of God, she has no brain damage,” the sibling added.

Waltman recently received the devastating news that she won’t be able to get prosthetic limbs due to the severity of her wounds.
“We thought her right shoulder was going to be good and they were able to fit it with a prosthetic, well yesterday they found an infection in the bone and had to remove more of the bone,” Wynne wrote on a GoFundMe page.
So now she will not be able to have regular prosthetics on either shoulder,” she added.

Waltman was so upset by her condition when she awoke from a coma that doctors decided to put her under sedation again, her sister said previously.
“She is having phantom pains. Physically she is healing well, but mentally she is not there. She knows but she still hasn’t really acknowledged that she doesn’t have arms. She will ask my mom if she can hold her hand,” Wynne told the Daily Mail.
Wynne expressed her gratitude to Avery Presley, the good Samaritan who rescued her sister from the dogs.
“He tried to get the dogs off of her. He fired a few shots in the air. My sister had already been passed out. Two of the dogs ran but one dog stayed and kept attacking — that is when he had to kick the dog off my sister and the dog ran,” she said.
“He called 911 and tried to put pressure on her arms … they ate all the flesh on her arms,” Wynne said.

“Avery Presley saved her life. We have not met face to face yet but because of the investigation,” she added.

$244,070 raised of $300,000 goal​

I wouldn't want to have to live that way. If I'm that badly injured, please just let me go. This is truly horrific.
Seriously, just let it be over.
Post automatically merged:

God was just having his little joke that day, nice guy that he is. :penguin:

In this kind of condition, I think brain damage might have been more merciful.
Yes

After seven weeks in a hospital, Kyleen Waltman is finally home.

The South Carolina mom sustained horrific injuries on March 21 when three dogs mauled her as she was out walking. Doctors had to amputate both her arms and remove her colon, and she may lose a leg if grafts aren’t successful. Her shoulder bones had to be removed which means she may not be able to get prosthetic arms. She also had skin tears and bites from her head to her feet, and has suffered a range of setbacks during her long stay in a hospital.
[....]
In a Tuesday update on a GoFundMe page, Waltman’s sister, Amy Wynne, revealed the good news that Waltman had finally returned to her mom’s house—but she said it had presented a range of new challenges.

“It has been rough and we’ve been trying to get her settled into her new life,” Wynne wrote. “She is a talker, lol... She is running our poor mama raged [sic] as the least.”

Waltman is undergoing outpatient surgeries, including having her shoulder re-grafted and getting grafts to prevent her from losing her leg. “[The leg] is healing but they have to pull her muscle up from her calf and see if that is gonna work. They did graft around the [wound] to see if it’ll take and it did,” Wynne wrote.

She said Waltman’s doctors didn’t want to perform both procedures together so they did a three-hour operation on her shoulder first, and will do the nine-hour operation on her leg at a later date.

“She’s coming back home after recovery. It’s hard on the family at the moment because we have no outside help, she has been denied for Medicaid and disability. So we have to do it all for her.”

The family has raised more than $260,000 for her recovery.

The fund is actually up to $273,237 today.

Come the fuck on.... denied Medicaid and disability? And home in 7 weeks??!! Guess no insurance either so hospital wasnt gonna let her hang around for long.

How she isn't disabled is beyond me but her medical bills will be millions. Not to mention the cost of redoing her home to be accessible to her.

This is terrible. I hope some lawyer goes pro bono and takes the dog owners every last cent. Put the owners in prison and sell every last thing they own and give this lady the money.

I don't think I'd want to live that way. No arms. No prosthetics. No voice. No colon. Years and years of surgery ahead.... I hope she has no memories of the actual attack to haunt her moments of rest.

A Honea Path woman whose arms were amputated after she was attacked by three dogs was arrested Tuesday afternoon and charged with trafficking methamphetamine.

Kyleen Waltman’s arrest came during a traffic stop in Abbeville County.

Abbeville County Capt. Matthew Graham said also arrested was Jeffrey Wayne Bond, a passenger in the vehicle. Graham said he told deputies he had methamphetamine in his pocket.

Deputies searched the vehicle and found a purse that belonged to Waltman wth 8.3 grams of methamphetamine inside. When she was told she would be arrested, she told officers she had two other bags of methamphetamine in her pocket.

One bag weighed about 5.9 grams , the other 1.3 grams, Graham said.

“In total Kyleen Waltman possessed approximately 15.5 grams of methamphetamine, which is considered trafficking weight,” Graham said in a news release.

Bond was arrested and charged with possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine.

Waltman and Bond were booked into the Abbeville County Detention Center.

Judge Susan Gladden released Waltman on a personal recognizance bond Wednesday afternoon.
[....]
Amy Wynne, Waltman’s sister, said on a gofundme page in early October, “We are at our wits end, don’t know what else to do. Every bit of the donations this far has been to help get the medical equipment and pay her bills, but now it’s her medicines and regular everyday needs she needs help with.”

More than 6,000 donations, totaling $308,000 had been recorded by Wednesday morning.

Wynne added a comment from her mother, saying, “I am wore out. She cries a lot, and we don’t know what to do anymore.”

Waltman has been approved for Medicaid, but Wynne said her sister’s recent surgery out of state won’t be covered.
[....]
Justin Minor, who lives on the road where the attack took place, was arrested March 24 and charged with three counts of owning a dangerous animal that attacked and injured a human, rabies control violation and dangerous animal not permitted beyond premises unless restrained. All are misdemeanors.

He was freed on a $15,000 bond.

The owning a dangerous animal charge carries a penalty of $5,000 or a sentence of three years in prison.

Court records show the charges are still pending.

The dogs that attacked Waltman were euthanized. Eight other dogs were seized from the owner. They were quarantined for 10 days and then sent to rescue organizations.

What a shame. Wonder when the drug stuff started. I mean she isn't gonna pay her bills with a few grams of meth so the trafficking charge is kinda stupid. Maybe she's doing drugs to escape reality. I would.

On the plus side I guess, maybe if she goes to prison while she is still receiving medical care like expensive surgeries, the cost would fall on the prison? I have no idea how that works. But it wouldn't be the first time someone destitute used prison as a way to get medical care.

I wish her a better future somehow. A miracle that can let her find some happiness (and sobriety) in her life. I cant imagine being a grandma and not being able to hug my grandbabies.

can she file a civil suit against the dog owners? Whatever they own should be liquidated for her future expenses. Too bad she is involved with the drugs, that’s really too bad. Could they just give her a mulligan and call evens?

If prisons can approve and taxpayers pay for gender reassignment surgery, certainly there are funds available to pay for what this lady needs. Pffftttt...I barely typed that with a straight face.

Paying for shit someone actually needs isn't part of the agenda.

Deputies searched the vehicle and found a purse that belonged to Waltman wth 8.3 grams of methamphetamine inside. When she was told she would be arrested, she told officers she had two other bags of methamphetamine in her pocket.

??? What use are pockets to her? In her defense, I think she could use the "I didn't put it there" defense.

Back