• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1713541214056.png

A Missouri mother is accused of abusing her infant son, repeatedly bringing him to the brink of death by suffocating him, according to St. Louis Metropolitan police.

The mother, 20, recorded videos of the abuse, which she also sent to a friend, court documents filed April 16 in St. Louis County said.
“I really wanna kill him but I don’t want to go to jail,” the mom texted the friend. “It’s unfortunate. He’s just gonna have to pay for his existence.”

In one video, the mom can be seen covering the boy’s mouth and nose, cutting off oxygen with her hand. In another, the baby is flailing, crying and pulling helplessly at a blanket the mother is using to smother him, investigators said.
Doing this gave her an “adrenaline rush,” the mom told her friend.

“I be stopping right before he dies,” she added. “Last time he was blue.”

Police say that Emma Rigdon, 20, who was staying at a shelter in Old North St. Louis, filmed herself on her phone abusing the young male child. Rigdon allegedly pinched and slapped the baby's leg and then placed her hand over his nose and mouth, presumably to cause intentional difficulty breathing.
The abuse allegedly occurred Monday, police obtained the videos, and Rigdon was charged yesterday with two counts of felony child abuse. She is currently in the St. Louis City Justice Center and has a bond hearing this afternoon.
Rigdon was denied bond at this afternoon's hearing, with St. Louis Circuit Judge Catherine Dierker citing what she called the egregious nature of the "repeated torture" described in the charging documents as well as concerns not just for Rigdon's son but any other children the 20-year-old may come into contact with if she were released from jail.
Prosecutors also expressed alarm at Rigdon having apparently "felt happy and felt joy" during the assault as a reason she should remain locked up.

The infant is less than six months old and is currently in the hospital receiving medical care. Because of a restraining order already in place against the child's father, the baby will likely later be put into state custody.
Rigdon's attorney for the hearing, Charles Barberio, conceded that the charging documents filed against Rigdon "don't read well," but that there were other factors at play as well. He cited Rigdon's history of mental health diagnoses, including borderline personality disorder, that at the time of the alleged crime were exacerbated by postpartum depression. "That is probably the backstory of how we got to this probable cause statement," he said, referring to the court document detailing the allegations she's now facing.
Barberio also said there was a host of prescription medications Rigdon takes for those mental health ailments, which he said he doubted she was getting in the city jail.

This poor baby. I hope that the state makes the right decision regarding long term placement for this child by putting early intervention services in place and supporting the resource/adoptive family.

Last edited:
At some point I am sure she is hoing to be admitted to a psych hospital,

I just hope that the prosecutor sought a protective order against her that will not allow her any contact with her son.
She is definitely hoping, but she fucked herself again with that "I don't want to go to jail." text here, that shows she was well aware of the legalities of her actions, and was not "crazy" enough to do it with no concern to her own welfare.

She may still get it, but she made it a LOT harder to achieve.

She is definitely hoping, but she fucked herself again with that "I don't want to go to jail." text here, that shows she was well aware of the legalities of her actions, and was not "crazy" enough to do it with no concern to her own welfare.

She may still get it, but she made it a LOT harder to achieve.
I hope you are right - but these soft judges and juries do not always hold abusive/neglectful mothers accountable for their actions.

She is severely mentally ill and on medication.

I wonder if her doctors had any concerns or if she was able to fool them.

Thank goodness she sent the videos or the baby would have ultimately ended up dead.

Did she blame the baby that the father could not come around?
Obviously her plethora of prescriptions is doing dick as she’s a complete psychopath on them, so what’s she like off them?

Back