• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

A transgender high school athlete addressed a New Hampshire state hearing on banning trans girls from competing.

A new bill in the state, known as SB 375, was being pored over on Monday by legislators, LGBTQ groups and educators before the state Education Committee.

It is one of two bills in the state that would ban transgender girls from competing on sports teams aligning with their gender identity.
Trans teen Maelle Jacques, who was born a male and previously won a girl's high jump state championship, insisted she didn't join female sports to win outright.

The 16 year-old did so despite hammering the competition during high jump tournaments, as critics insist trans girls who've gone through male puberty retain considerable biological advantages over biological females.

Jacques told the hearing: 'I'm here to testify in opposition of SB375. Throughout my entire life, sports have been an integral part to my belonging.
'I didn't join sports with the goal of dominating competition or being better than anyone else.

'No one would go through the bullying and self hatred of transition purely to win a sport, especially woman's sports, which are under appreciated in our nation.

'I joined because it is something I am passionate about and enjoy. If banned from sports teams and locker rooms, joining male teams wouldn't be a choice for me.'
In February, she won the girls' high jump at the New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association Division 2 state indoor track and field championship.

She finished first place with a 5'1' mark - an inch better than any of her female competitors, but way below the lowest high jump in the boys' division, which was 5'8'.
According to the Track & Field Results Reporting System, Jacques has competed in seven meets this year, earning six first-place finishes for the high jump.

Jacques is currently a freshman at Kearsarge Regional High School in Sutton, New Hampshire, and plays for their girl's soccer team.
Former NCAA swimmer and high profile advocate for the continued existence of women's sports Riley Gaines had also previously posted on X about Jacques.

After the Independent Council on Women's Sports shared news that Jacques had won the girls state championship in February, Gaines said: 'How could the parents of this boy allow their son to cheat deserving women out of opportunities?

'And why don't the parents of the girls stand up and say 'no' for their daughters? This country is full of failing, gutless mothers and fathers.'
Following the testimony on Monday, the Education Committee voted against the bill 19-1, and have 'politely killed it', according to The Portsmouth Herald.

Last edited:
Anyone else catch this?

This person was born a boy, wants to be a woman, but identifies as Maelle.

iu

This individual should be a Hall of Fame athlete in no time, right alongside Juwanna Mann.

Last edited:
I think if winning is not important to her/him than the runner up in any single sport should be considered the winner of anything Maelle competes in.

Or those born female should be given a head start.

Team sports is harder so I do not think they should be allowed to compete in them at all.

'I didn't join sports with the goal of dominating competition or being better than anyone else.

'No one would go through the bullying and self hatred of transition purely to win a sport, especially woman's sports, which are under appreciated in our nation.

'I joined because it is something I am passionate about and enjoy. If banned from sports teams and locker rooms, joining male teams wouldn't be a choice for me.'

Here's my problem with this statement. Generally the whole point of joining a team sport is to win and dominate the competition. At least once you get older anyway. As small children, at least back in my day, we played teams sports to learn good sportsmanship and made friends. If we ended up being good at it and liked it, we continued on into our teen years and played on the high school teams. And even in my tiny ass high school with a graduating class of 78, we still had to try out, and if you weren't good you didn't make it.

There weren't participation trophies, by that point it WAS about the competition, you worked hard to even make the team.

I think my biggest issue now, are the guys taking spots away from real girls who have worked hard to get their spots they worked for, because as it was highlighted, they would've been destroyed in their own gender. And quite honestly as it's been shown time and time again, that always seems to be the way, in just about every sport they try to infiltrate. It just isn't fair.

And in this person's case, if you are that passionate about running and jumping, go run and jump on your own then I guess. This is all getting out of hand, It really is.

I'll 'comply' with your bullshit rules when the world complies with my unique health issues/demands. Not a moment sooner either. My point being that we ALL have shit to deal with, so why are we being forced to comply with a tiny fraction of these specific issues and not EVERYONE'S issues? I'd rather focus on homeless Vets than someone's 'gender identity', which is a bunch of made up crap. You were born a dude and you want to be a girl? Fine, invert your peen into a vag, it STILL WON"T MAKE YOU A WOMAN. YOU ARE NOT A WOMAN. YOU ARE SIMPLY A MAN, living as a woman. Keep your man-like physical advantages out of girls locker rooms... :shifty:

I wonder about those self proclaim "trans" when they hit the work force and realize that a female has to work twice as hard in possitions like "fire-fighters, police, cabinet building etc" , put up with the "good old boys" metality , etc at a lower pay rate than their "male" co-workers will they still self proclaim "trans" still id themselves as females or revert to their born gender... so far all that has been made really public is "trans" in sports, or tick tock or jail .. all i see is male trying to get something they couldn't get as their borned gender... i sure would love to see and yes made very public how they are doing in real life trying to make it as females, less pay for equal jobs, sexual harassment, rapes, being judge by most men on your looks only, being put down or refused a job if you don't meet that "certain type" ex. receptionist comes to mind because in most major places there is not one overweight or homely girl behind a receptionist desk etc etc that natural females have to live with everyday of their lives, then maybe kids would really have something to really think about that involve their whole future before they make changes that can't be undone....

Back