• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1713189039701.png

The Greater Birmingham Humane Society says a dog that was attacked with a machete on Easter is expected to make a full recovery, despite life-threatening injuries.

“Sadly, animal abuse cases are not uncommon, but this was one of the most disturbing cases of abuse we have ever seen,” said Allison Black Cornelius, Chief Executive Officer of GBHS.

The GBHS received a phone call from Leeds Police to help save the dog’s life. A teen allegedly struck the dog named Finn.
The dog was taken to Steel City Emergency Vet Hospital by GBHS Animal Control Officer, Gynger Jarboe, where Finn received life-saving surgery and more than 100 stitches.

“Finn is a miracle. He’s just a 1-year-old pup and he kept wagging his tail even though he was badly injured. It broke my heart. He was still trying to be friendly even though he was in so much pain,” said Jarboe.
The suspect is in custody, and authorities are investigating. Finn is recovering at GBHS’ Critical Care Clinic while police continue their investigation.

“Any time an animal is abused it is troubling. If the abuse is at the hand of a minor, research shows it can be a predictor of future violent behavior. Animal cruelty is one of the most significant and earliest indicators that a child has or will develop conduct disorder,” Cornelius added.

“I was really surprised that he didn’t bleed to death but it was very disturbing. It was disturbing to us obviously because it was abuse to a dog, but it was also disturbing because it involves such a young child,” Allison Black-Cornelius, CEO of the Greater Birmingham Humane Society said.
“He’ll of course have a lot of scars. He’ll be a little bit like a Frankenstein pup, but he’s got an incredible disposition considering what he’s been through,” Black-Cornelius said.
The teen was taken into custody and a petition was filed in family court for cruelty to animals, according to Leeds Police Chief. GBHS says a judge will determine whether Finn will return to them for adoption or go back to his owner.

If the teen is related to the owner in any way Finn should be put up for adoption.

People dont think about the fur and extra skin dogs have when they shoot them or do this shit.

In a way, I think animals are more resilient than people. This pup is young and friendly, hopefully he gets adopted out if his owner sucks.

I cant imagine the sight that poor officer saw, there must have been a ton of blood. His injuries look like he can still have a good quality of life.

Back