• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
full

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The Federal Bureau of Investigation is now involved in the ongoing search for a missing/endangered 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy who went missing Monday afternoon, and the task force investigating his disappearance is organizing a team of volunteers to start searching for him.
Gannon Stauch was believed to be a runaway after he left his home in the 6000 block of Mandan Drive in Security, southeast of Colorado Springs, between 3:15 and 4 p.m. on Monday. But as the week progressed, his disappearance was upgraded to a missing/endangered persons case.
His stepmother said he left his home on foot to play at a friend's house down the street on Monday afternoon, according to the sheriff's office.
Deputies and major crimes detectives had taken "extraordinary steps" to locate the boy, the sheriff's office said. They were actively searching for evidence and taking witness statements, a sheriff's office news release issued earlier this week read.
"He’s very young, it’s dark and cold outside and we want to bring Gannon to safety," the sheriff's said in a Facebook post earlier this week.
On Thursday afternoon, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office and other task force members, as well as Stauch’s parents, hosted a news conference to update the community on his disappearance, discuss the steps being taken in the investigation, and to notify people in the area that they are organizing volunteers to begin a community search effort in coming days.
El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Mitch Mahalko said the sheriff’s office received the investigation on Tuesday afternoon and started doing interviews and collecting video surveillance and talking to neighbors, working to collect new leads.
He said that the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and FBI got involved after the case was upgraded to a missing/endangered child case. The FBI’s team specializes in search and rescue and “will be a good partner” in the investigation, Mahalko said.

He declined to say where authorities had been searching but confirmed that investigators had been in contact with some trash companies in El Paso County and in the Lorson Ranch area.
Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby said the sheriff’s office would be putting out a form that people can fill out in order to volunteer for search crews, adding that officials “just want to make sure it’s organized and doesn’t hinder the investigation.”
Stauch takes special medication, Mahalko said, and authorities have been worried about the cold weather in the area.
“His safety is paramount to us,” Mahalko said.

I sure hope they find him soon. I'm quickly losing hope.. It is 12 degrees outside, with a real feel of -4.
I'm not buying the "he ran away" bit... I think there is much more to this story. Hopefully he is found safe soon, but it's too cold outside right now for him to be without shelter.

This poor baby is gone or so I believe. The stepmother is upset that everyone is pointing to her but let's face it, when kids go missing or are murdered & a step-parent is on the scene, it's more than likely them that did it. What is so strange is the mother, the father's ex-wife, lives with them as well. Just a weird situation altogether. Maybe the stepmother was pissed about the living situation. Maybe the kid didn't listen to her because his own mother lived in the house & he didn't have to. You can only pray & hope for his safe return but it's below freezing & he's been gone for days.

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. -- One week after an 11-year-old El Paso County boy went missing, authorities received a new piece of evidence to further the investigation into Gannon Stauch’s disappearance.

FOX31 obtained a copy of this evidence that came from a neighbor's surveillance camera. Authorities have asked us not to describe or show it yet because it’s a part of their investigation. To ensure we don’t compromise anything in the search for Stauch, we are honoring the sheriff’s office request.

As the search for Stauch continues, investigations centered around the home he was last seen leaving on Jan. 27. Investigators walked inside of the home with gloves and left with evidence bags.

“There’s a lot being done behind the scenes, especially on the investigative side,” said Jacqueline Kirby with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

A few doors down, neighbor Roderrick Drayton did some investigating on his own.

“I couldn’t sleep so I just stayed up and I started looking through [surveillance footage],” Drayton said, adding, “I looked through on my tablet, then I said, 'Let me look on my TV to be sure.”

Police have asked us not to share what he found yet.

“This is something the investigators are looking into and it would be part of our investigation,” Kirby said.

Drayton took the footage to Stauch’s father, who immediately called detectives.

“He just broke down crying,” Drayton said.

Drayton says detectives were moved by the footage too.

“They said this is the break they needed,” Drayton said.

FOX31 asked the sheriff’s office if they are getting closer to finding answers Monday afternoon.

“I don’t have that answer, I don’t know. But I can say this is being worked tirelessly and we won’t stop,” Kirby said.

I think his stepmom killed him. :bigtears:

He lives with his dad, step mom, and sister.
His dad is in the National Guard and was in Oklahoma. His mom lives out of state and her pleas for his safe return are heartbreaking.

It is fucking freezing here.
I hope he is safe and warm.
This poor baby is gone or so I believe. The stepmother is upset that everyone is pointing to her but let's face it, when kids go missing or are murdered & a step-parent is on the scene, it's more than likely them that did it. What is so strange is the mother, the father's ex-wife, lives with them as well. Just a weird situation altogether. Maybe the stepmother was pissed about the living situation. Maybe the kid didn't listen to her because his own mother lived in the house & he didn't have to. You can only pray & hope for his safe return but it's below freezing & he's been gone for days.
Wait.
Which is it, his mother lives in the same house or out of state?

His stepmother, Letecia "Tecia" Stauch, was the last one to see him on Jan. 27. She said Gannon Stauch left to walk to a friend's house.

However, neighbor Rockerick Drayton said he searched through his home surveillance video as the search intensified. Drayton said the video showed Letecia and Gannon Stauch get into a red pickup truck in the driveway of their home around 10:15 a.m. About four hours later, the truck returns to the house and Leticia Stauch gets out of the vehicle alone.

This link has a press update.

The media really was kind of relentless in their questioning. This sergeant did a good job.
After watching her speak, I think they are close to figuring all this out, But that they are protecting their investigation's integrity for a conviction.
:(

There is video of him leaving the house in a red truck with his step mom and some guy. The truck returns about 4 hours later and stepmom gets out but Gannon does not. :(

*Video at link below.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- While multiple investigative agencies in Colorado Springs continue to look for missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch, a neighbor shared video with Stauch's father that he says shows the boy leaving with his stepmother Monday morning and not returning home.

But Stauch's stepmom, Letecia Stauch, told officials that the last time she saw Gannon was between 3:15 and 4 p.m. inside their home in Lorson Ranch.

Letecia says she has no idea where Gannon is. But their neighbor, Roderrick Drayton, claims Gannon's father broke down in tears and said she was lying after he saw the video.

According to Drayton, video from a surveillance camera attached to his house also had the Stauch's driveway in frame. Drayton said that he rewatched the video after search efforts began and he noticed movement between 10 a.m. Monday and 2:19 p.m.

Drayton says the beginning of the video shows Leticia backing a pickup truck into the driveway, and Gannon exits the house shortly after to get inside the backseat.

Later, Drayton says his surveillance video shows Leticia returning home around 2:19 p.m. Drayton says she exits the truck and goes straight into the house, but Gannon isn't seen.

We don't have video from 2:19 p.m. to the time that Gannon was reportedly last seen, but the sheriff's office said earlier this week that they had no surveillance video showing him walking away from the property.

Drayton told Clayton Sandell with ABC News that when he gave the video to Gannon's father, he broke down crying and said they needed to give the video to investigators. Drayton claims that Gannon's father said, "she lied ... he didn't go to a friend's house."

@Keepalowprofile
She confirms she took Gannon hiking at Garden of the Gods before he disappeared.

"There was comments about Gannon getting pushed off the hike and comments about this and that. That's not true."

After the hike, a lunch at Burger King. What followed the lunch, Stauch told Wilson she could not get into because investigators told her not to talk about it for now.
It's a shame most fast food places run surveillance on the cheap and its wiped daily.

I want to know what happened between lunch at burger king and him going to play at a friends that would be so confidential it could cost the case? If there was an argument and he stormed out, they generally release that as it's vague and nothing that would wreck a trial. If he just went to play and didnt come home, why did she report him as a run away and not a missing child?

I think she did something to him and reported him as a run away simply because its not looked into as closely as a missing child would be. It worked. Took them 3 whole days to figure out he didn't run away. If he'd walked out of the house like she claimed, the neighbor would have caught it on the same survielence footage he caught her taking him away in. It happened less than an hour after she was filmed coming home. Police said there was no footage of him leaving the house in that time frame.

Timeline

The timeline from the moment Gannon was reported missing to the decision to upgrade the preteen to an endangered missing child was outlined by the sheriff's office as followed:

Monday, Jan. 27
- 6:55 p.m., El Paso County Sheriff's Office dispatch receives call of runaway child, 6600 Block Mandan Drive.
- 7:32 p.m., Gannon Stauch entered into state and national databases as active runaway
- Last seen between 3 and 4 p.m. on the 27th
- Nothing found on initial search

Tuesday, Jan. 28
- 12:29 p.m., case turned over to EPSO investigators
- Detectives conduct interviews, collect surveillance, follow up on additional leads

Wednesday, Jan. 29
- Investigation continues

Thursday, Jan. 30
- Upgrade case from runaway to endangered missing child
- EPSO requests resources from NCMEC and FBI Crimes Abduction Rapid Deployment Team

This evening on the 10 pm news (Denver 7) the news caster said that “Stepmom’s whereabouts are currently unknown”. Then no more info after that. Wtf?! I wonder if dad booted her out of the house after this evidence came to light. Now she’s just dangling in the wind somewhere...

Back