• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Blunderbuss Firozabad

Made of Pumpkin pie
Bold Member!
Screenshot_20240114_111101.jpg

Joseph Adam Gomez-Silva, 35. He looks so goddamned sweet.

Everything was fine with his life until he was around 20 and then that disease started taking everything away from him. It is an evil disease.

I hope he doesn't run into bad people that are mean to him or hurt him or scare him.

Mesa, Arizona

"Joseph has Huntington's disease that effects his mental capacity.
He does not communicate verbally very well.

Last seen 1:00 p.m. on Jan. 11, 2024 near the area of Brown Road and Mesa Drive.

"He is listed at 5'08" tall and weighs 155lbs. He was last seen wearing a gray shirt, blue jeans, and white athletic shoes. "

I have better information from when he went missing in 2021 and 2022.

" August 2021, Joseph got lost for ten days.
He was found near Grand and 27th Avenues.
He survived and was reunited with his family “by the grace of God when two girls that worked at Church’s Chicken who found him and fed him, contacted us through Facebook"

Then on November the 15th 2022 he went missing again, and at the date the article I read had been written he had been missing for 24 days, and at the time, this is with his family had to say:

"He was used to leaving my moms' house because there are some little stores nearby and he used to go by himself to buy snacks and find his way back, but he’s deteriorated, so he loses track,” Adam’s aunt, Carmen Boggs said.

During the last 14 years, Adam’s condition has worsened, severely affecting his cognitive abilities, memory, and ability to speak clearly.

“It’s just been deteriorating,” Boggs said. “He’s very thin, and he walks and looks like he’s drunk or something, but he’s not. It’s just because it affects [his] nervous system.”

Huntington’s disease is hereditary. Adam’s father passed away from it, along with other family members.

Adam knows his name and that he lives in Mesa but not specific details like an address, his aunt said.

“Even though he can’t talk much, he’s very approachable, always with a big smile,” Boggs said. “For being disabled, Adam can walk pretty fast.”

He will look like a homeless person, except he’s not,” Boggs said. “He’s got a lot of family that loves him and wants him home.”"

Screenshot_20240114_105921.jpg

@Ali Click @Josh P

This link is to the last time he was missing

Last edited:
27th Ave and Grand is a long distance from Mesa.

It is the current missing notice at the bottom of the post that should take precedence over any other details.

And @Josh P ? It is immaterial where his residence is, where the relative he was visiting lives. It is where he was LAST seen that is critical.

If I was last seen at the Mandalay Bay watching the Lopez Vs. Ortiz fight before I disappeared, it matters very little what my Tucson home address is, no?

And how heartening it is to see how happy you've made Tits Magellan.
And THAT? Is why. That is the what.
Have you ever seen an Arctic Wolf fish @Josh P?
Oh, you really, REALLY should. It'll prepare you.
A little.

His caregiver/relatives really shouldn't let him go out by himself, even if he can get himself to and fro ( tho it really seems he can't) on his own there's always predators lurking to hurt him. I hope they find him quickly, it's too cold and he's too vulnerable.

It is the current missing notice at the bottom of the post that should take precedence over any other details.

And @Josh P ? It is immaterial where his residence is, where the relative he was visiting lives. It is where he was LAST seen that is critical.

If I was last seen at the Mandalay Bay watching the Lopez Vs. Ortiz fight before I disappeared, it matters very little what my Tucson home address is, no?

And how heartening it is to see how happy you've made Tits Magellan.
And THAT? Is why. That is the what.
Have you ever seen an Arctic Wolf fish @Josh P?
Oh, you really, REALLY should. It'll prepare you.
A little.
Point is, if he made it 40 miles away without transportation, the search radius is a lot wider than a few blocks from where he lives. He might be down the street from you in a few days.

Hopefully they put an airtag on his keyring.

Speaking from experience, I lose everything and I don't even have any sign of any kind of dementia, that's just who I am, the air tag needs to be attached to him, not his keys. The keys can be put down or dropped. I had to pin my car key to my bra when I worked because I kept locking my keys in the car, then having to call someone to come open my car for me. I figured my bra would be the single thing I would not lose or take off for any reason while at work. Hey you gotta be me and think outside the box. I'm always outside the box. Sometimes that's not the best place to be. :D

Speaking from experience, I lose everything and I don't even have any sign of any kind of dementia, that's just who I am, the air tag needs to be attached to him, not his keys. The keys can be put down or dropped. I had to pin my car key to my bra when I worked because I kept locking my keys in the car, then having to call someone to come open my car for me. I figured my bra would be the single thing I would not lose or take off for any reason while at work. Hey you gotta be me and think outside the box. I'm always outside the box. Sometimes that's not the best place to be. :D
Seems like everything ends up in the bra. It's a phone holder, money clip, might find your keys in there.

He's missing AGAIN!

1000000487.jpg

His family and caregivers are not grasping that they have to put measures in place to prevent this, and he actually does need to be watched every single minute.
That's the way it is when your caregiving for someone in cognitive decline or with confusion. They'll get up and wander away while you're pulling a sweater on over your head.
Generally, with this level of caregiving, somebody needs to resign from their job and stay home.
Full-time caregiving is economically debilitating, and takes 100% of someone's attention, there is no two ways about it.

He's missing AGAIN!

View attachment 105824

His family and caregivers are not grasping that they have to put measures in place to prevent this, and he actually does need to be watched every single minute.
That's the way it is when your caregiving for someone in cognitive decline or with confusion. They'll get up and wander away while you're pulling a sweater on over your head.
Generally, with this level of caregiving, somebody needs to resign from their job and stay home.
Full-time caregiving is economically debilitating, and takes 100% of someone's attention, there is no two ways about it.
At some point they need to be held responsible for neglect!

"Gilbert PD reported that Silvas does not carry an ID, nor does he have access to a vehicle or own a cell phone.
He uses a walking cane to help with his mobility and cognitive issues, but he did not take his medications he needs with him."

Still missing.

I think the biggest problem is that his family thinks they can do this well without sacrificing anything. They think that relatives can't alternate between caring for him when they have a day off or the time and it simply won't work like that.

Somebody's going to have to resign from their job and stay with him 24 hours a day or they're going to have to hire someone or put him in a facility and I don't think they've come to that realization that they can't have it all.

They can't maintain their standard of living, leisure time or monetarily, and also provide him with the appropriate care.
That's the reality that sometimes people refuse to come to terms with, and fail to understand when they judge caregivers.

Think you're going to be a full-time caregiver for your parent, while you're in your 30s and you're going to be able to start a family or keep advancing in your career or build equity in something? Forget it.

If you have a friend or know someone who's a full-time caregiver do something nice for them. Maybe offer to take their person on a walk or sit and read a book so the caregiver can just have an hour of respite. Just to stare at a wall and not be interrupted, not even once.
It makes a difference.

I know this family loves him but they're not accepting that what they're doing is inadequate.

Gotta wonder how long they're letting their guard down if this person with limited mobility that walks with a cane is taking off so frequently, with such success.

I do feel for the family but yeah, something has to give here. You could put an air tag attached to his can, even if he doesn't carry anything else like a phone or a wallet. Sounds like he'd need the cane to get around so likely would remain with him even if nothing else does.

Gotta wonder how long they're letting their guard down if this person with limited mobility that walks with a cane is taking off so frequently, with such success.

I do feel for the family but yeah, something has to give here. You could put an air tag attached to his can, even if he doesn't carry anything else like a phone or a wallet. Sounds like he'd need the cane to get around so likely would remain with him even if nothing else does.
It sounds like they're morons. Why can't they make a chart of who watches him and when?

@Future_Milf is right about getting paid or being able to get respite care.
Maybe the problem is that there are some gaps in care, someone has to go to work before the next person gets home to take over, and there's a 15 minute space there?

There are also services that can come take a look at your home and give you advice and pointers. No one's expected to be an expert but you have to make an effort to learn.

Everyone has to be the kind of caregiver they would expect someone they paid, to be.

Not distracted, on personal phone calls, not reading a book, watching TV, or caring for others at the same time.

You wait for them outside the bathroom, put portable motion-sensitive alarms on doors at night, when you cook, he's in the kitchen with you, etc.

My uncle in Florida had a paid “caregiver” (since fired) who left him alone for an hour. He’s 90 and confined to a wheelchair. In that hour, he managed to get outside his house. Luckily his neighbor saw him and called his daughter.

When I go to visit him, I watch him like a hawk.

Back