• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
A statewide AMBER Alert was issued for Kason Thomas.

The 5-month-old was in a car that was later stolen outside a pizza place in Columbus.

His twin brother, Ky’air was found safe in a parking lot at Dayton International Airport early Tuesday morning.

Police have named Nalah Jackson, 24, as a suspect and said she has ties to the Miami Valley.

News Center 7′s John Bedell spoke with LeChaz Thomas, father of Ky’air and Kason Thomas.
[....]
He reacted to the statement by Columbus police that it took the four hours the boys were taken to issue an AMBER Alert.

“I was beyond angry. I thought at first they were saying we couldn’t even get an Amber Alert. I’m like, that doesn’t even make sense ... I need them both,” LaChez said.

LaFonda Thomas is the grandmother of the children and called the investigation “gut-wrenching.”

“I feel at times it’s hard to breathe. This is getting to be our reality right now. My family, they are all at a loss for words,” LaFonda said.

Anyone who spots Jackson or Kason is asked to contact Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at 614-461-TIPS(8477).
Picture1_dBe4gXzj4swbEKUoYagNtq.jpg

Police in Columbus, Ohio, have filed kidnapping charges against a woman suspected of stealing a car that had 5-month-old twins inside, but so far they haven’t found one of the children, the woman or the car, police said Wednesday.

The mother of the children, Kason and Kyair Thomass, was picking up a restaurant order while working as a DoorDash driver and left a black 2010 Honda Accord running outside a pizzeria on High Street in Columbus on Monday night, CNN previously reported.

When she came out, the car was gone. Kyair was later found abandoned near the Dayton International Airport around 4:15 a.m. Tuesday.
As of Wednesday afternoon, Kason is still missing, along with suspect Nalah Jackson, Columbus Police Chief Elaine Bryant said during a press conference. Jackson was charged with two felony counts of kidnapping. The vehicle has not been located.

The last confirmed sighting of Jackson, 24, was at the airport, police Deputy Chief Smith Weir said. There have been no confirmed sightings of Kason so far.

A warrant for Jackson’s arrest was filed through the Franklin County Court, according to an online docket. An Amber Alert went out for the twins at 1:37 a.m. Tuesday, officials said
1671735522120.png

An Amber Alert that stretched across state lines ended Thursday night with a kidnapping suspect in custody and the missing 5-month-old twin brother found alive.

Police confirmed early Thursday night to NBC4’s sister stations, WXIN/WTTV, that they located Kason Thomas, kidnapped inside his mother’s running car Monday, in Indianapolis hours after taking Nalah Jackson in custody. Columbus police also confirmed to NBC4 that Kason was found.

Photos from the scene in Indianapolis show the missing car in a Papa John’s parking lot.

Jackson was the suspect in the Amber Alert after Kason and his twin, Kyair, were taken from a Donatos pizza store in the Short North. Kyair was found hours later, abandoned in a parking lot near the Dayton airport.

Outside of a Lowe’s in Whitehall, the twins’ family erupted into cheers as they heard the news Kason had been found.

Ky’air Thomas died around 11:45 p.m. on Saturday after the Columbus Division of Police responded to reports of a baby not breathing at a house on East Whittier Street, according to a division spokesperson. Ky’air was taken to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where medics pronounced him dead, police said.
A spokesperson for the family said the family is asking for privacy and prayers at this time.
1675045104797.png

Kason and Ky’air Thomas

It can be hard to feed 2 babies at the same time and deal with any other distractions. I wonder if she propped the bottle up on something to let him drink it and didn't notice he was getting too much milk down his throat.

I don't really see any other reason he would choke and die from drinking milk. It's not like it was a solid food lodged in place.

It can be hard to feed 2 babies at the same time and deal with any other distractions. I wonder if she propped the bottle up on something to let him drink it and didn't notice he was getting too much milk down his throat.

I don't really see any other reason he would choke and die from drinking milk. It's not like it was a solid food lodged in place.
well at 6 months old bottle wouldn't need propping up as baby is old enough to hold his bottle if i remember right, they can also turn over etc and unless the holes in the nipple were made larger milk doesn't squirt out but drips slowly if baby doesn't suck on it ,, again if i remember right ... but again memory might not serve me right...

An autopsy has concluded that the death of one of two Ohio twin boys who became the center of a statewide AMBER Alert that garnered nationwide attention last year was due to “sudden unexplained infant death” that involved an “unsafe sleep environment.”

The Franklin County Coroner’s Office on Friday cited “no evidence of trauma, foul play, abuse, or neglect” in the Jan. 28 death of the 6-month-old Columbus boy.

The office said the child had been placed face-down on an adult bed with excess bedding and pillows, which it called an unsafe sleep environment, after being fed and was left unsupervised, but it could not be determined whether such “significant conditions” played a role in his death.

The coroner’s office said young infants have limited neck muscle strength to reposition their airway which can lead to a form of oxygen deprivation, but the office couldn’t confirm or exclude “a contributory component of mechanical or obstructive asphyxia” so the manner of the child’s death “is best ruled as undetermined.”

“The cause of death is ruled sudden unexplained infant death with other significant conditions including unsafe sleep environment; post-prandial infant placed facedown, unsupervised, on an adult bed, surrounded by excess pillows and blankets,” the coroner’s office said.

On Jan. 28, the boy’s mother reported that he had suffered a seizure and he later died at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.

She thought she was making it safe for him by putting the pillows around him to keep him from rolling off the bed. She knows better now, I hope. I would call her all kinds of bad things but I don't think it was intentional.

Do they not cover some common sense care tips for newborns before mom leaves the hospital with him/her? They should actually give them a sturdy cardboard box and label it. It's too bad there's not an injection of common sense the hospital could give them when they check out.

The Columbus woman accused of kidnapping twin infants just before Christmas in 2022 pleaded guilty to federal charges Wednesday.

Nalah Jackson accepted a plea agreement in which prosecutors and she will recommend a sentence of 20 years in federal prison.
Jackson entered a running car that 5-month-old twins Ky'air and Kason Thomas were in the Short North in December 2022 and drove off.

The case prompted an overnight AMBER Alert that made national headlines. Ky'air Thomas was found hours later in the freezing cold in a parking lot near Dayton International Airport.
Kason was found several days later abandoned in a stolen car in Indianapolis, where police also took Jackson into custody.

The boys were unharmed, but several weeks later, Ky'air Thomas died as a result of Sudden Unexplained Infant Death.

Back