• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1620359900275.png

Las Vegas police are investigating a report of a missing 2-year-old boy last seen east of the Strip.

About 3:11 p.m. on May 5, the child, identified as Amari Nicholson, was reported missing.

All hospitals are asked to check their registries for him and notify police.

Authorities are asking for any leads or tips which might aid in their investigation. Previous reports of a body found in a nearby dumpster were unfounded, police said.

Reports about a body found in a trash container are inaccurate, LVMPD says. Officers have been looking into nearby containers only as a precaution.

There’s conflicting stories from family members.

Amari’s father, Jyrgio Hayes, lives in the Reno area. He doesn’t have much contact with Amari other than a visit in person last year in Henderson and several video calls.

“I don’t know where my son is. If anybody does I just hope they can help me, just tell us where he is,” Hayes said.

He heard Amari’s mother was in Colorado taking care of her mother and Amari was in Las Vegas with her current boyfriend.

On Facebook Amari’s mother, Tayler Nicholson, left a comment that said her boyfriend had Amari. She said she was in Colorado and claimed Hayes’s sister took Amari.

“I don’t know who has him. All I’m hearing is that the boyfriend said that my sister picked him up- my sister did not pick him up. The police searched my sister’s house and they know where she’s at- they know where all my family members are at and they know I don’t have my son. They traced me by my phone, they can trace him by whoever he was with. I’m gonna let them do their job,” Hayes said.

An aunt from Amari’s father’s side is offering a $20,000 reward for his safe return or information leading to his safe return.

Hmmmm, so dude turns his back on an "unknown female" to get his phone. Dubious, and pretty sure any resort on the strip is going to have cameras.

This little guy is out in the desert, probably on the far side of Boulder City or he's truthfully abducted and he's now living in the storm tunnels

Sources have told the I-Team that Terrell Rhodes, the boyfriend of Amari Nicholson’s mother, has confessed to killing the 2-year-old.

He is reportedly being booked into jail for murder right now.

Police are searching for Amari’s body.
1620775763392.png

The boyfriend of 2-year-old Amari Nicholson's mother, 27-year-old Terrell Rhodes, has been arrested in the boy's disappearance in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Tayler Nicholson told FOX5 on Tuesday regarding Rhodes, "He killed my baby. He just confessed. I'm with Metro now. Will speak with I'm done."

Two-year-old Amari Nicholson was reported missing from the Emerald Suites on Paradise Road on May 5.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police announced Rhodes' arrest on Tuesday afternoon. Lt. Richard Meyers said the missing persons case was now a homicide investigation.

"During the course of the investigation, it became clear that the circumstances were suspicious," Meyers said. "As the investigation progressed, it became very clear to us that Terrell Rhodes was our suspect."

Meyers said during his arrest, Rhodes "chose to fight with police officers, and during the course of that fight, was briefly able to retrieve an officer's firearm."

The incident was deescalated, Meyers said, and Rhodes was transported to the Clark County Detention Center on a murder charge. He's expected in court on Wednesday morning.

Meyers said there will be additional charges.

Las Vegas police did not allow media to ask questions. It was not immediately known if Amari Nicholson's body had been found.

Last edited:
1620862701699.png

Police located the body of missing Las Vegas toddler Amari Nicholson on Wednesday, hours after the man charged in his death was ordered held without bail.

Amari’s body was found near the 400 block of East Twain Avenue, the Metropolitan Police Department said in an afternoon statement — less than a mile from the Emerald Suites at 3684 Paradise Road, where the 2-year-old boy was last seen May 5. Further information was not immediately available.

But near the scene about 2 p.m. Wednesday, about a dozen police vehicles and a Clark County coroner’s office van could be seen in the parking lot of the Siegel Suites at 454 E. Twain Ave., which backs up to the rear border of Emerald Suites, where Amari’s mother, Tayler Nicholson, and the suspect, her boyfriend Terrell Rhodes, shared an apartment. Yellow crime scene tape blocked off the Siegel Suites parking lot.

To the west of the Siegel Suites complex, in a McDonald’s parking lot, Amari’s mother could be seen speaking with multiple officers. Police have given no indication that she was involved in her son’s death. She later drove away from the scene.

Nicholson addressed Rhodes’ arrest and the apparent death of her child on her Facebook page Tuesday night.

“My baby is gone & is never coming home,” according to screen saves of Nicholson’s post that were circulated on social media.

“I never knew He did this he never said anything to me about his involvement,” Nicholson wrote in the post. “I trusted him and he betrayed me. He took my whole word from me my son comes first before anybody!! I never knew anything.”

Nicholson previously pleaded for the public’s help in finding her child on the same Facebook page, which has apparently been deleted.

“Please help look and please share all posts of Amari help bring our baby home,” she wrote last week.

Last edited:
According to the report, Rhodes hit Amari three or four times with his fist early in the morning on May 5 inside an apartment at the Emerald Suits. The child’s face then turned blue and he stopped breathing, according to the report. Rhodes attempted CPR, but Amari died.

According to the police report, Nicholson left for Colorado on April 30. During the trip on May 3, she and Rhodes fought over the phone and “Tayler indicated the relationship was over,” according to the report. On May 5, Rhodes told Tayler an unidentified woman had picked Amari up from the apartment.

Tayler called 911 form Colorado on May 5 to report what she thought at the time was a kidnapping, the report said. She returned to Las Vegas that same day.

Police searched homes in Las Vegas, Reno and southern California, but found no traces of Amari, they wrote in the report.

Last Thursday during a search of the apartment, police said they found a blood sample on a wall. After undergoing a polygraph test on Tuesday, police said Terrell admitted to killing Amari.

Sources told the I-Team within the past year, there was at least one report made to Child Protective Services (CPS), alleging abuse. The agency looked into the allegation but closed the case without taking further action.

In addition to the murder charge, Rhodes four new charges filed Thursday of resisting a public officer with a firearm and four charges of assault on a protected person with a deadly weapon. He is due in court Friday morning.
1620969001557.png

Mom is a piece of shit- she needs to be arrested too.

Something is wrong with this and you wanna break up with him but you think it is safe to leave your baby with him.

Her tadmitting that she said someone was coming to get the child makes me think she knew all along what he did and was covering for him.

(CNN)The man accused of killing his girlfriend's 2-year-old son in Las Vegas pleaded not guilty Wednesday.
Terrell Rhodes, 27, appeared in court, confirming to a judge that he understood the charges against him and pleading not guilty.

Bail was not discussed, and Rhodes remains in custody.

He faces 11 charges: first-degree murder, two counts of attempted murder with the use of a deadly weapon, four counts of assault on a protected person using a deadly weapon and four counts of resisting a public officer with a firearm.
[....]
Rhodes' next hearing is scheduled for June 11. His attorney, Robert Langford, has asked that his client be allowed to appear remotely from jail.

The man accused of killing 2-year-old Amari Nicholson in May, led police to the young boy’s body by drawing a map of where he had buried him, transcripts first obtained by the I-Team stated.

According to prosecutors, Rhodes admitted to killing Amari after the boy urinated on himself. Rhodes spoke to 8 News Now before his arrest, claiming a woman had taken Amari from the Emerald Suites, where they were staying, while the boy’s mother was in Colorado. Investigators said Rhodes told them Amari’s biological father’s sister came to pick him up, but police quickly found no evidence of that.

During an interview with police on May 11, Rhodes admitted to police he had killed the boy. Rhodes hit Amari three or four times with his fist on the morning of May 5 inside a unit at the Emerald Suites.
The child’s face then turned blue and he stopped breathing, according to the arrest report. Rhodes attempted CPR, but Amari died.

According to grand jury transcripts, Rhodes told investigators he had buried Amari near a brick wall between the Siegel Suites and the McDonald’s in the area.

Police found a bag of soiled children’s clothing, as well as a small area of blood splatter in the apartment. Investigators determined the blood belonged to Rhodes.

While being interviewed on May 11, Rhodes grabbed an officer’s loaded gun and pointed it at two detectives, prosecutors said.

According to his indictment, Rhodes took the gun from Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Detective Opal Deeds. He tried to kill Deeds and Metro Detective Tate Sanborn before officers subdued him. The incident was recorded on surveillance video.

Rhodes faces a first-degree murder charge in the toddler’s death, along with two counts of attempted murder after taking an officer’s weapon in an interrogation room. He also faces four counts of assault on a police officer with a deadly weapon and four counts of resisting a police officer with the use of a firearm.

I definitely got hoe vibes from her
he mother of Amari Nicholson, the 2-year-old boy killed and buried near a Las Vegas apartment in May, was arrested Wednesday on prostitution charges.

Tayler Nicholson, 21, faces three counts of soliciting/engaging in prostitution, according to jail records obtained by 8NewsNow. She is also charged with one count of possession of a dangerous weapon.

She is being held at the Clark County Detention Center on $5,000 bail.
Tayler Nicholson was out of town when the boy was killed, and Rhodes reportedly told her the boy was picked up by another family member.

Because she was hoeing.

Amari’s biological father posted a Facebook message Wednesday morning that said, “Free Tayler.”

Because he is probably her pimp.
1625104981037.png

The man accused of killing a toddler and then burying his body entered a guilty plea in court Thursday, which could put him in prison for several decades.
Terrell Rhodes, 31, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and assault on a protected person with a deadly weapon. Rhodes admitted to murdering two-year-old Amari Nicholson, his girlfriend’s son, in May 2021.

Rhodes appeared in Clark County District Court on Thursday with defense attorney Robert Langford to enter his guilty plea, which stipulates a sentence of 20 years to life. Judge Jacqueline Bluth said while she does not have to go along with the plea deal, after speaking with attorneys, she intends to.
Bluth told Rhodes that he could face a life sentence for the murder charge and a sentence of 1-6 years for the assault charge. Attorneys can argue at sentencing about whether the charges should run concurrent or consecutive.
Rhodes was scheduled to be sentenced on July 30. He remained in the Clark County Detention Center as of Thursday. Rhodes has denied the 8 News Now Investigators’ repeated requests for an interview.

A sentence of 20 years to life would mean Rhodes would be eligible for parole in 2041, excluding time for any additional years added for the other charge.

Back