• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sister Iroz

Nun the worse for where
Bold Member!
Susan_Jordan.jpg
Description:
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5ft 7in
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Susan Jordan was last heard from on May 7, 2009, when she spoke with her sister at approximately 4:30 p.m.. She was reported missing by her son, David Jordan, who lives several blocks away from Jordan’s Town n Country apartment located within the Bridgeview complex. When Jordan attempted to visit with his mother the following day, Friday May 8, 2009, at her apartment located at 5305 Reflections Club Drive, he found the door to her residence unlocked. A closer look inside revealed that Susan Jordan had left the residence without her purse. Her cell phone had also been found in the apartment.

Stephanie Randall, Susan Jordan’s daughter, states that her mother has glaucoma and doesn’t drive. She travels either by walking or public bus. Stephanie was pregnant at the time of Jordan’s disappearance, adding more concern to the urgency and seriousness of the case. Spokesperson for the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, Debbie Carter stated, “"A lot of times if we have individuals that go missing they take their personal items with them if they don't want to be found. But in this case, the fact she left all that behind is concerning."

A video still has been released that shows Susan Jordan shopping on May 7, 2009 at the U-Save grocery store and as she walked by the pool located at Bridgeview Apartments. The grocery store is in the same vicinity as her Town n Country residence.

Anyone with information regarding Susan Jordan’s whereabouts is asked to call the sheriff's office at 1-8... or Crime Stoppers at 1-80
http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tampa-Crime-Examiner~y2009m5d24-Missing-Woman-Susan-Jordan

Stephanie Randall, Susan Jordan’s daughter, states that her mother has glaucoma and doesn’t drive. She travels either by walking or public bus. Stephanie was pregnant at the time of Jordan’s disappearance, adding more concern to the urgency and seriousness of the case.

I feel sorry for this girl that her mom is missing, but how does it make it more important that she is pregnant? That is just weird.

I feel sorry for this girl that her mom is missing, but how does it make it more important that she is pregnant? That is just weird.

I don't think it makes it more important so much as it show's that the mom had something to look forward to and (possibly) didn't run-away.

Last edited:
Who just walks away like on a whim without purse, credit cards or money? When this happens I always suspect foul play. I would have been looking forward to having a grandchild?

I don't think it makes it more important so much as it show's that the mom had something to look forward to and (possibly) didn't run-away.

That was my thought too. My mom was by my side every step of the way. Not all mothers and daughters have a tight bond but there are lots who do and you wouldn't think a woman would just take off with a grand baby on the way...which would mean she was taken against her will...Hope she is found alive and well.

Looks like Ms Jordan needed some "alone time"?

TAMPA — Divers searched the pond near her Town 'N Country apartment. Search parties with dogs combed the nearby woods. Detectives passed out fliers at a shopping center where she was last seen.
And now, three weeks later, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says it appears that 57-year-old Susan Jordan bought a bus ticket under a fake name, took the Greyhound bus north, and was last seen heading to Tallahassee alone.
Jordan, whose son reported her missing after no one had seen or heard from her after May 7, has been calling herself "Debbie Kelly," and took a roundabout bus ride north through Orlando, Jacksonville and Lake City, to Tallahassee, a sheriff's news release said.
Before, authorities believed her last sightings were shopping at a U-Save grocery store on Hills*borough avenue near Hanley Road and passing the pool at her Bridgeview apartment complex at 5305 Reflections Club Drive on the afternoon of May 7.
http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13886&page=2

But deputies found recently that she took a HART bus to the Greyhound station on May 4 and bought a nonrefundable ticket to Tallahassee, deputies say.

It sounds like she might have been going to meet someone.

yeah, i thought same. they should check to see if she packed her good underwear or not.

i wonder if she left her cell at home bc she didnt want it to ping her whereabouts.

Found safe! (looks like I called it :)

Susan Jordan was reported missing on May 8, 2009 by her son. On Saturday, June 20, 2009, Susan contacted her family and reported that she is now living in Savannah, Georgia. Police had conducted a through investigation that included releasing surveillance videos that showed Jordan at a convenient store shortly before her disappearance. Local news covered the story and a statewide manhunt was on.
http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tamp...-Missing-woman-Susan-Jordan-found-case-closed

Such an awful, selfish thing to do to one's children, especially with the daughter being pregnant and all. I'm glad that she was found safe but I'd STILL like to smack her upside her head. AND wasting all of the LE time that could have been better spent on someone who really NEEDED their help.
Selfish BITCH!

Hi there I know
Hi there, I know it’s been almost 15 years since my grandmother Susan Jordan went missing. I wanted to take the time and give an update on what had happened. My grandmother was not mentally well and had put on a disguise and boarded a bus to Orlando then Tallahassee. This is where the articles I had found end with no updates. She had left Tallahassee for Georgia ( we have no idea what happened for a month after Tallahassee) My dad found out later that she was fine and wanted to come back home. I don’t know how she got back home but when she did, she moved to a different city. Sadly she passed in 2015 from a 5 month battle with cancer. I don’t know who will see this but my grandmother is where she belongs now.

Back