• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1689359798730.png

A search is underway for a woman missing after she told family she was stopping to check on a child she said was walking on the side of Interstate 459 in Hoover.
Hoover 911 at 9:34 p.m. Thursday received a call from 25-year-old Carlethia Nichole “Carlee” Russell, said Lt. Daniel Lowe.

Russell told the dispatcher that she was near mile marker 11 when she saw a toddler walking alone on the side of I-459 between the flyover to the Galleria and Highway 150.
After calling 911, Russell stopped to check on the child and called a family member to report the same details, Lowe said. The family member lost contact with her, but the line remained open.

Officers who were already en route to the location of the initial 911 call located the female’s vehicle and some of her belongings nearby but were unable to find her or a child in the area.

Hoover police have not received any other calls of someone missing a small child.
Talitha Russell talked to her daughter at 9:19 p.m. as she was leaving Taziki’s and heading to the Hoover home she shared with her parents.
At 9:36 p.m., Talitha Russell said, her daughter was on the phone with her brother’s girlfriend when she was pulling over on the side of the interstate after saying she saw a child alone that appeared to be 3 or 4 years old.

“She called 911 when she pulled over,’’ Talitha Russell said. “She got out of the car. I think she probably let her guard down thinking 911 would be there in a second.”
“My son’s girlfriend heard her asking the child, ‘Are you Ok? She never heard the child say anything but then she heard our daughter scream,’’ Talitha Russell said. “From there all you hear on her phone is background noise from the interstate.”
A Hoover police officer dispatched Carlee Russell’s report of a child alone on I-459 arrived within three minutes, Talitha Russell said.
“Her car door was open, the engine was running, and they found her phone on the ground, along with her wig and her hat,’’ Talitha Russell said. “Her purse was still in the car. Her Apple watch was in her purse and her Air Pods as well.”

Talitha Russell said a tip was called in from a trucker who was traveling along I-459 at the time of Carlee Russell’s disappearance.
“He saw her red car with the door open and he saw a grey car with a tall brown skinned man with khaki shorts on leaning over in the car,’’ Talitha Russell said.

“The police did find some tire tracks in the grass,’’ she said. “They said because it was not a muddy area, they were not able to determine what type of vehicle it could have been.”
1689359876070.png

Sunday - 1:05 a.m. Update: WBRC FOX6 News interviewed Hoover Police Chief Nicholas Derzis after the return of missing 25-year-old Carlee Russell. Click here to read the story.

Saturday - 11:30 p.m. Update: Per the Hoover Police Department, the Hoover 911 center received a call at 10:45 p.m. that Carlee Russell had returned home to her residence. Hoover Police and Fire responded to the scene to evaluate Carlee and transported her to UAB Hospital for more evaluation. More details will be provided when they become available.

Saturday - 11:09 p.m. Update: WBRC has confirmed through Angela Harris that Carlee Russell has been found alive and taken to UAB Hospital.

1689499893210.png

Saturday - 2:36 p.m. Update: The Hoover Police Department has released an additional photo of Carlee Russell that may accurately depict her current appearance.

She was possibly having a mental crisis at the time of her disappearance?

View attachment 96927

She was possibly having a mental crisis at the time of her disappearance?
Sorry for her, but brilliant she is safe now.

Alien abduction I tell ya!

She spotted one of those little green men and next think you know, bright lights and anal probe!

And most folks don't really wanna relate much detail 'bout then probes. More than a little skittish so we won't be hearin' nothin' I tell ya. Sure enough - nothing.

Oh sure @Sugar Cookie or @Crazy Cat Lady might've heard somethin' but no one believes anythin' those two might offer up...

Yup. This is goin' to take some detectyin' by the police.

Alien abduction I tell ya!

She spotted one of those little green men and next think you know, bright lights and anal probe!

And most folks don't really wanna relate much detail 'bout then probes. More than a little skittish so we won't be hearin' nothin' I tell ya. Sure enough - nothing.

Oh sure @Sugar Cookie or @Crazy Cat Lady might've heard somethin' but no one believes anythin' those two might offer up...

Yup. This is goin' to take some detectyin' by the police.
I resemble that remark. ;)

Carlee Russell searched for Liam Neeson film ‘Taken,’ one-way bus tickets to Nashville on day she disappeared​

The Alabama woman who went missing for 49 hours last week had searched for one-way bus tickets to Nashville, details about Amber alerts and the Liam Neeson film “Taken” on the day she vanished, police said.

Hoover Police Chief Nick Derzis told reporters Wednesday officers still don’t know exactly what happened in the time Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell vanished on July 13, and they are waiting to interview her again.

“That’s the $100 question, we don’t know what happened after she got out of her car,” Derzis said. “Everything else is unknown.”

Russell, 25, disappeared after she called 911 to report a toddler wandering the I-459 in Alabama at 9:34 p.m.

Derzis said on the day of the disappearance, Russell looked up the film “Taken”, a movie where Neeson plays a retired CIA agent hunting down his daughter’s abductors after they kidnap her in France.

She also looked up, “How to take money from a register without being caught,” as well as info for one-way bus tickets from Birmingham, Alabama, to Nashville.

Records also showed how in the days leading up to the incident, Russell had made several notable searches on her phone about Amber Alerts — the child abduction emergency notification system, including if she was too old to be the subject of one.

Derzis stressed that while Russell’s family has remained cooperative with police, they are still waiting for her to make a full recovery before talking with officials again.

"Derzis stressed that while Russell’s family has remained cooperative with police, they are still waiting for her to make a full recovery before talking with officials again."

It's important she has time to come up with all the details and have her story straight before talking to anyone.

"Derzis stressed that while Russell’s family has remained cooperative with police, they are still waiting for her to make a full recovery before talking with officials again."

It's important she has time to come up with all the details and have her story straight before talking to anyone.
Too late. She’s already given LE several different versions, none of which make sense.

Back