• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1677955685336.png

As officers in Illinois looked for the owner of a dog abandoned at a Burger King, they soon realized the heartbreaking story of why the dog was left behind.

Police in Monee, a southern suburb of Chicago, said their hearts were broken when a resident found the dog on Monday, Feb. 27. According to the South Suburban Humane Society, he had been tied outside a Burger King restaurant.

The “sweet doggy” had a note attached to his collar that read, “I’m King. I’m a good boy. Love to hug & kiss.”
And police agreed, saying in a Facebook post that “he really does love to hug and kiss you too.”
Officers searched for King’s owner, and she came forward with her reasoning for why the dog was abandoned.

“After suffering a major medical event, she had moved in with family and has been trying to get back on her feet,” the humane society said. “Her family member abandoned King without her knowledge and she is devastated.”
1677956329266.png

1677956425044.png

South Suburban Humane Society

1713733916418.png

We have some amazing news....King and his mom are reunited! She was able to find some temporary living arrangements where she could bring him and we were overjoyed to reunite them today!! She knows that we are here for a lifetime of support. Thank you all so much for being a part of this journey with us!
She has gratefully accepted help and this is a link to a GoFundMe that we verified was organized by a friend and the funds are going to her

1713733989536.png

$15,840 raised of $3,000 goal

***UPDATE***
We would like to thank EVERYONE who has donated to Ms. Cruz and King! They were reunited today (03/06/2023)! She has found a landlord who is willing to work with her. They have found temporary housing with a loved one that she trusts. We are truly grateful to live in such a caring and compassionate community. We grew up here and this weekend we learned it truly does take a village! All the kind words, advice and donations has brought tears to our eyes and has restored our faith in humanity. Thank you will never be enough but we can’t say it enough, THANK YOU!!
(All donations are going directly to her. We have linked her bank account)
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hi everyone! My name is King. By now a lot of you have seen my story on the news or social media outlets. I need some help to get reunited with my parent. Last year my parent was injured at work and they are currently unable to work due to Post Concussion Syndrome. This syndrome makes them sensitive to light and sound, dizzy upon standing or bending, daily migraines and anxiety. We were forced to move in with family because of money issues and unfortunately now we’re separated.

1713734060223.png

I miss my parent a lot! And they need me for emotional support! And as you can see I was very well taken care of. Please help us if you can. I miss their snuggles and belly rubs!

My parent is seeking medical treatment so they can get back to work. They do not qualify for disability and workmen’s compensation is giving them the run around. Anything helps and we would be furever grateful for your kindness.

Back