• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The Lee County Sheriff's Office received a call about a dog limping through traffic on North Clevland Avenue on Monday
According to LCSO, the incident occurred around 7:30 PM. Lee County’s Animal Cruelty Task Force, North District Criminal Investigations Division, Lee County Domestic Animal Services, and Crime Scene all responded to the scene.

When they arrived at the location, Paco, a terrier mix, was found with his legs and snout bound with duct tape.

After taking Paco to Domestic Animal Service for medical evaluation, deputies and detectives asked around the area for any information they could get on the dog’s owner.
They identified Paco’s owner — a 25-year-old Emerito Marquez, who LCSO says has a criminal history as a documented gang member with 23 arrests.

Detectives found enough evidence to arrest and charge Marquez with felony animal cruelty.
LCSO already put into place a petition to the courts to go through the judicial system to make sure the dog doesn’t go back to the owner who did this.
1655446227849.png
1655446346744.png

1655446379319.png

Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno called the case ‘pure evil’ and said, “If I could, I’d duct tape his mouth shut and let the son of a b** run through traffic with his legs bound.”

Marceno had a warning for other potential animal abusers. “I don’t care where you are. I don’t care who you are. I don’t care where you live. You will not run. You can not hide. We are coming for you in full force.”

Marquez was arrested on his birthday, and is being held at the Lee County Jail.

Last edited:
1661476609203.png

An abused dog is searching for a new home nearly two months after deputies found him with his legs and mouth taped, limping down a busy road, the Lee County Sheriff's Office announced Tuesday.
“I couldn’t be happier to announce that Paco has made a full recovery and is headed to Mutty Paws Rescue,” Sheriff Carmine Marceno said in a Facebook post. “Paco deserves a loving home that is free of abuse and neglect.”

Paco, a terrier mix, left the sheriff's office's Cell Dog Program with Mutty Paws Rescue and is bound for his new home. The rescue operates out of Palm Beach County.
Paco completed the sheriff's office's Cell Dog program and is another success story as inmates and deputies work to rehabilitate dogs who have been abused or mistreated, according to the Facebook post.

Not too long ago, Marceno won in court on another animal cruelty case and gained ownership of Sheeba, an abused mixed-breed female bulldog.

"It's not only taking that animal away from the person that's abusing and holding them accountable," he told The News-Press in June. "We don't want to give that animal back and put them right back into a position of being abused again."

Marceno said he'd pursue a similar outcome for Paco's case.

Paco's owner, Emerito Marquez, 25, was arrested June 14 on animal cruelty charges and released June 25, jail records indicate.

He's next due in court Aug. 31.

Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno called the case ‘pure evil’ and said, “If I could, I’d duct tape his mouth shut and let the son of a b** run through traffic with his legs bound.”

Marceno had a warning for other potential animal abusers. “I don’t care where you are. I don’t care who you are. I don’t care where you live. You will not run. You can not hide. We are coming for you in full force.”

WHATTA MAN WHATTA MAN WHATTA MAN WHATTA MIGHTY GOOD MAN SAY IT AGAIN NOW

January 9, 2023

According to the Clerk of Courts, Emerito Marquez, 25, pled guilty and was sentenced to 90 days in the Lee County Jail, 60 months of state probation, and ordered to complete anger management classes, mental health evaluation, and follow their recommendations. He is also not allowed to have a dog.

The sheriff’s office put Paco into its cell dog program, which trains and rehabilitates dogs with the help of inmates. That’s when Paco’s luck began to change.

He was fostered by Amy Aronowitz, who said, “He’s just happy. He’s such a happy dog. I’m so glad that the trauma that he lived through did not leave seemingly a lasting impression on him because he’s just so loving.”
1712282962081.png
1712282938382.png

Tee Hee, the Sheriff called him a “pile of shit”. Mr Marquez thought the judge was going to return Paco to him, I’m glad that didn’t happen! 90 days confinement is not nearly enough!

look at that silly smile on that happy pup :) :) so glad he found his human :) he will forever carry his battle scars but happly and proudly cuz he won and didn't let his awful beginning spoile the rest of his life... lots of humans could learn that lesson and not use a "poor / bad childhood" for their awful behavior.....

Back