• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1670192078674.png

A puppy left abandoned in a box in East Boston is now fighting for its life, MSPCA Angell said Tuesday.

The rescue organization said the 6-week-old puppy was found Monday night and is sick with parvovirus, which can be deadly.

As of Tuesday afternoon the dog, who has been named "Tuesday," was stable and is being fed through a tube. MSPCA officials said he isn't out of the woods yet, but his condition hasn't gotten any worse.
Authorities are looking to find whoever left Tuesday behind.

Our "Luke" contracted parvo shortly before we got him. Since we couldn't afford the care at the vet, she sent AXE home with an IV bag and AXE administered it subcutaneously. After several days he had that dark night of the soul but survived it and was on the mend after that. He should be a tad bit bigger but is otherwise fine.

@Satanica @Crazy Cat Lady

Some good news

Officials say a young pup sickened by Parvovirus after being abandoned in East Boston last week is expected to make a full recovery.

Tuesday the dog was discharged from the hospital and entered foster care on Monday according to the MSPCA-Angell, but the six-week-old pup has some healing to do before he’ll be ready for adoption.
Authorities say they found Tuesday wandering the streets of East Boston on November 28 and the dog fell ill with Parvovirus, a disease that can be deadly without emergency treatment.

Despite the odds, the puppy pulled through and is in stable condition.
1670499682780.png

“Tuesday still has a way to go before he’ll be ready to go to a new home,” Director of Adoption Centers & Programs Mike Keiley said. “He’s still too young to be adopted and even though we’re past that critical period in his healing, he still needs some additional treatment.”

The MSPCA says they’ll announce how the public can apply to take Tuesday home when he’s ready for adoption on their website.

Adorable little guy, but I don't like Tuesday for a boy dog. Because of the actress Tuesday Weld I'm guessing. But once they start calling him that there's nowhere to go from there, except maybe Tewkesbury? Nah, that's not great either. Poor little guy, we'd have to start from scratch on his name, but dang he's cute and I lurves him! :shame:

Back