• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
1602083937467.png

The mother of a 2-year-old girl whose body was found in a Houston bayou in August and the woman's boyfriend have been arrested for their roles in her death, police announced Tuesday.

Maliyah Bass was reported missing by her family after she played in her apartment complex's playground on Aug. 22. A day later, a jogger spotted the body in Brays Bayou in an area southeast of the University of Houston that is about 17 miles (27 kilometers) west of Maliyah's home.

Houston police said Tuesday that Maliyah's mother, 20-year-old Sahara Ervin, and her boyfriend, 21-year-old Travion Thompson, have each been charged with injury to a child and tampering with evidence.

Both Ervin and Thompson remained jailed on Tuesday.

When Maliyah's body was found, Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo had said that investigators had suspected foul play and they were treating the case as a murder investigation.

Last edited:
. Neighbors have taken the case personally in Maliyah's name.

"That little girl didn't deserve this. She was a sweetheart," added Stella. "They were supposed to be her protectors."

From @bmoore77's link.

How did she appear in the bayou on a plastic raft if they threw her in a storm drain, do they connect? And what the hell is that raft all about anyway?

Her mugshot makes me absolutely furious, may have been the reason her bail is more than his is.

Fucking killed her and then tried to profit from her death.

Video at link: the mother was asking about victim compensation the day her child's corpse was being dragged from the bayou.

Also to the shock of probably no one, boyfriend with the hysterics and crocodile tears is a multi-convicted felon of violent crimes and shouldn't have been out in the first place.

https://www.fox26houston.com/video/858589

The raft might have rubbish or lost, ending up in the drain too and washed under her in rain and floated her out. Or it was in drain before she was dumped in it and the rain floated it.
I knew it. Her mother's tears left me stone cold. I haven't been wrong yet. It's not a nice feeling.
Poor baby. Dying in a dark closet, not even a rag on her. Probably hearing them laugh and talk but silent in her agony in case they came back.

I am very well acquainted with grief and loss. When I watched their interviews I felt cold. People show grief in different ways,as I am sure you are aware. So it's not really about whether they scream and rail and gnash their teeth. Some don't.
But, for me, I have found that if they are truly grief stricken or terrified of where the child is and whats happened, then it resonates with me, I feel it. If I feel cold or numb watching them, then it's because they are lying.
They may not have killed her (chances are they did) but if they didn't I bet they know who did or why.
Not being charged yet in no way proves they are innocent. Police build cases. Wait on autopsy results, security cameras, bank statements, pH pings, witness statements,
You seem absolutely certain their grief was real, and anyone who disagrees then must not know loss, must have only watched movies about it. Are you claiming expertise? Disregarding other opinions without knowing their experiences?
Inferring there is some sort of mob justice? Deciding they are guilty before it's proven?
But you are deciding they are innocent before proof too aren't you?

I think they are lying about something. Their grief did not resonate with me.
I am not going to lynch them on my feelings or opinion.
I will wait to see what the investigation reveals and what police find out of course.
But I bet I'm right.

you were 100% correct. been on this site for almost 10 years and so sad that this is the norm and not shocking at all

The raft might have rubbish or lost, ending up in the drain too and washed under her in rain and floated her out. Or it was in drain before she was dumped in it and the rain floated it.
I knew it. Her mother's tears left me stone cold. I haven't been wrong yet. It's not a nice feeling.
Poor baby. Dying in a dark closet, not even a rag on her. Probably hearing them laugh and talk but silent in her agony in case they came back.
It was so similar to Casy Anthony and Susan Smith. Soulless bitches.

Court documents allege that Ervin struck Maliyah, known as “Tootie” by loved ones, with a blunt object. According to court documents obtained by ABC 13 in Houston, Thompson told detectives Ervin beat the girl with a hairbrush the night of Aug. 20 when she would not go to sleep.

Thompson said the couple put the girl, naked, in a broom closet. When they checked on her the next morning, she was dead, the news station reported.

Why are they calling this woman the mother.

Thinking of poor Maliyah lying in a dark closet, alone, afraid, in pain probably still wanting that woman is really tearing at my soul.

I wish this question was asked of all bio parents that allow and participate in the abuse and murder of their child - When did you stop loving your child?

Last edited:
Court documents allege that Ervin struck Maliyah, known as “Tootie” by loved ones, with a blunt object. According to court documents obtained by ABC 13 in Houston, Thompson told detectives Ervin beat the girl with a hairbrush the night of Aug. 20 when she would not go to sleep.

Thompson said the couple put the girl, naked, in a broom closet. When they checked on her the next morning, she was dead, the news station reported.

Why are they calling this woman the mother.

Thinking of poor Maliyah lying in a dark closet, alone, afraid, in pain probably still wanting that woman is really tearing at my soul.

I wish this question was asked of all bio parents that allow and participate in the abuse and murder of their child - When did you stop loving your child?
I think you will find most never loved them. They were in love with the attention it would bring. A larger section 8 certificate, marriage proposal from the sperm donor. Etc.
From the minute of conception the child became some sort of tool to get them something.

Yeah they did it, wow. I don't understand how they would have felt genuine grief in this situation. I guess human minds can be confusing, especially shit ones. I'm glad the cops got the evidence they needed to prosecute these lying murderers. Baby girl deserved much better.

The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences has determined that 2-year-old Maliyah Bass’ manner of death was homicide.

Maliyah's body was found in a bayou in southeast Houston a day after she was reported missing in August.

Her incubator and her incubator’s pussy poker are both charged in her death.

Several things, the loop injuries would not have come from a beating with a hair brush, so I suspect escalating abuse. The brush could have broken her arm though, and that would have been a big problem. They couldn't create a lie about the arm when her body was covered in bruises and whip marks.

The baby-Moses miracle float is the weird thing. I like @Pandorama 's theory. Imagine you're some minor league RSO. You walk down to your favorite fishing spot, take a turn under the bridge and "Huh, what's that... Fuck no! Not today Satan!"

A newly obtained search warrant sheds more light on what investigators say happened during and after the search for Maliyah Bass.

According to the warrant, on the day Ervin called 911 (Aug. 22, 2020) from her neighbor's phone to report Maliyah missing, neither she nor Thompson was "engaged in searching for" Maliyah.

When a trained tracking dog showed up to search for the girl, both Ervin and Thompson were opposed to using it, the warrant says. The dog tracked toward Wilcrest and Ervin and Thompson followed. The warrant reveals that in bodycam video, the couple wanted to bring the dogs back to the apartment.

Ervin repeatedly told officers at the scene that she didn't want to use the dog, the warrant says.

During interviews, according to the warrant, the couple made several inconsistent statements about what they were doing when the girl went missing. Thompson said he was playing video games and sweeping while Ervin said she was alone with Thompson and he was sleeping, the warrant says.
According to the warrant, Thompson was seen with a trash can standing near a dumpster and a storm drain on Aug. 21. He later told investigators the child's body was in the trash can and he couldn't bring himself to disposing of the body, the document revealed.

Thompson told investigators that he and Ervin took the girl's body to another storm drain and dumped her.

The mother of Maliyah Bass, the 2-year-old whose body was found floating in Brays Bayou, has pleaded guilty for her involvement in her daughter’s death.

Sahara Ervin, who was photographed smiling in her mugshot when arrested more than a year ago, appeared before a judge Wednesday. The young mother pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence - a human corpse and injury to a child, according to court records.

According to court documents, as part of her plea agreement, Ervin will now testify against her boyfriend, Travion Thompson, for the role he played in the toddler’s death. If she follows through with the agreement, she will face up to 20 years in prison. If not, Ervin could face a life sentence.
On Aug. 22, 2020, Ervin and Thompson told police that the mother left Maliyah alone for five minutes at the playground at their southwest Houston apartment while she was cooking. The couple claimed when they went to get her, she was nowhere to be found and reported her as kidnapped.

Court documents state the couple killed Maliyah and put her body in a storm drain, where it floated into Brays Bayou and was discovered by a citizen.

The little girl’s remains were positively identified by family members, leaving their worst fears realized.

According to court records, Thompson also has a new charge for assault to a public servant, filed on March 5, 2021. He is due in court on Jan. 11 for disposition.

Travion Thompson has pleaded guilty to injury to a child and tampering with a corpse. He was sentenced to 40 years in prison, according to the Harris County District Attorney's Office.

“After three and half years, we were glad to reach a resolution in this case that let the family avoid a trial and ensure that Thompson will be in prison for decades,” prosecutor Lacy Johnson said. “He confessed to putting her body down a storm drain and that really sealed his fate.”
As part of the plea deal, Thompson can't appeal the convictions or the sentence. He must serve at least 20 years before he will be eligible for parole.
After they reported her missing, the couple appeared to be inconsolable and emotional about Maliyah's "disappearance" in media interviews, but police later said it was all just an act.

After her arrest, Sahara Ervin, the child's mother, smiled broadly in her mug shot.

Sahara Ervin appeared in court Thursday morning to hear her sentence, telling the judge she "wished it was different" and "wished she could have her baby back." She agreed with Judge Morton that what she did was horrendous.

"As a mother myself, I would like to hope that she does actually feel the remorse that she told the judge," Lacy Johnson with the Harris County District Attorney's Office said. "I hope that in the three and a half years that she's had time to sit in jail and reflect."
Ervin received a twenty year sentence.

Back