• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
On Wednesday, Adam Montgomery, who did not appear in court for opening statements, admitted in a video call to the presiding judge that he was guilty of abuse of a corpse and falsifying evidence.
"Do you wish for them to acknowledge your guilt, on both of those charges, falsifying physical evidence and abuse of corpse?" Judge Amy Messer asked Montgomery, NBC Bostonreported.

"Yes," he answered, per NBC Boston.

Montgomery is also facing second-degree murder, second-degree assault and witness tampering charges. He has pleaded not guilty to those charges, per NBC Boston.
The father of Harmony Montgomery is guilty of covering up the death of his 5-year-old daughter but claims that it was his ex Kayla who last saw her alive, his lawyer says.

"Kayla Montgomery was the last person to see Harmony alive and knows how Harmony died," Adam Montgomery’s attorney James Brooks told the jury Thursday in Adam Montgomery's trial, per CBS News. "Adam is not an innocent here. He and Kayla covered up Montgomery's death ... Adam Montgomery did not kill Harmony."

I doubt the jury will fall for this defense - but you never know.

As far as I am concerned they can both rot in prison for the remainder of their lives.

Harmony Montgomery trial – live: Stepmother sobs as she reveals chilling details of murder​

Defence confronts Kayla Montgomery about lies to grand jury​

19:42 , Andrea Blanco
“You talked to the jury with a straight face about what she was wearing,” Ms Smith asks Kayla Montgomery. “Even though the Star Wars hoodie was what you cut off her body in the shower at Union Square Avenue.”
“You said the last time you saw Harmony she was happy, and you had no problem with that lie.”

Kayla Montgomery under cross-examination by defence​

19:07 , Andrea Blanco
With her head down, Kayla answered questions about the “betrayal” prison letter she wrote in which she demanded immunity and custody of her kids in exchange of testifying against Adam Montgomery.
”One of the things you wanted was one last time, maybe kiss him or make love?” Defence attorney Caroline Smith asked.
“Right,” Kayla answered.
“What you didn’t write was protection from Adam, what you didn’t write was that you were afraid of Adam,” Ms Smith continued. “You just wanted to be with him before you, as you put it, betray him, right?”
“Yes,” Kayla answered.

Court to resume shortly​

17:38 , Andrea Blanco
Court is taking a lunch recess.

17:03 , Andrea Blanco
Kayla said that Montgomery began to accuse her of speaking to police in 2021
“He punched me in the head with his fist,” she said. “At some point, I said I was, even though I wasn’t.”
“He said he would contact his family members and have them kill me and cut me in pieces,” Montgomery said.

Kayla recounted an instance in which she tried to escape the home where Montgomery allegedly kept her isolated. She said she had her newborn daughter in her arms and ran to a neighbour’s house to call for help, but Montgomery caught up with her and put her in a chokehold.
“She was in my arms and I was already feeding her so I just ran out to get help so I could go back and get the kids,” Kayla said.

16:50 , Andrea Blanco
Harmony’s clothes were put in a trash bag
The remains were put back in the tote bag and inside the freezer.
“He said that he wanted to get rid of the body soon because he was scared of anything that could happen to him and the kids,” Kayla said.

Kayla Montgmery says he helped Montgomery because she was scared​

16:40 , Andrea Blanco
At the Union Square apartment, Adam Montgomery began to reduce Harmony’s remains.
“I saw Harmony folded together the same way she was when we took her out of the car,” Kayla told jurors. “She looked like she had barely any skin, just skin and bones and was very bruised. He had the hot water running ... in the tub.”

She said she also saw a bag of lime in the bathroom. Montgomery was cutting the clothes off Harmony’s remains and “dethawing” her.
Kayla said that at one point, Montgomery asked her to help him.

Montgomery discussed using a NutriBullet to destroy Harmony’s body​

16:34 , Andrea Blanco
Kayla testified Montgomery discussed using a handsaw, lime and even a NutriBullet to destroy Harmony’s rotting remains.
“He wanted to use a handsaw and a NutriBullet,” Kayla told jurors. “He said that’d be good to use to help get rid of her.”

Kayla Montgomery brought Harmony’s remains in stroller to Montgomery’s work​

16:31 , Andrea Blanco
Kayla Montgomery said the “loud bang” came when Montgomery was trying to fit Harmony’s body inside the tote bag.
Montgomery reportedly asked Kayla to bring the bag to the restaurant he worked at. She told jurors that she walked from the shelter to the restaurant with her two sons and carrying Harmony’s remains in a stroller.

“Because I was scared,” Kayla said.
Montgomery then used ammonia to clean the bathroom of their room at the shelter.

Kayla Montgomery testifies about Montgomery’s abuse of Harmony’s corpse​

15:44 , Andrea Blanco
The Montgomerys stayed in the shelter for a month and a half and other residents soon began complaining about an odor coming out of their room.
“You could smell a horrible smell that was coming through the vents,” Kayla said.
When maintenance workers came to the room, Montgomery removed the body from the ceiling vent and put it in the bathroom.
Montgomery then placed Harmony’s body inside a medium-sized tote bag after Kayla heard a “loud bang.”

Harmony’s body was stored in cooler left in building hallway for weeks​

15:37 , Andrea Blanco
After the Montgomerys went to live with Kayla’s mother, Montgomery reportedly put the duffel bag with Harmony’s body inside a cooler.
The body was stored in the cooler, which was in a hallway and accessible to everyone on that floor, for a couple of weeks.

Montgomery realised Harmony was dead after doing drugs, Kayla testifies​

15:30 , Andrea Blanco
The Montgomerys went to the Colonial Village Apartments.
“We did drugs and got high,” Kayla said. “Heroine and crack.”
They only realised that Harmony was dead after they were done doing drugs.
Kayla said Montgomery “folded [Harmony] in half” and put her inside a duffel bag.

“I had the two other kids and I was scared,” Kayla said as she broke down in tears. “Her face was all black and blue. Her face was puffy, and her eyes were puffy.”
Montgomery allegedly decided to leave the body buried in the snow in the Colonial Village parking lot “for the weekend” while he figured out what to do.

‘I think I really hurt her this time'​

15:24 , Andrea Blanco
On the morning of Harmony’s murder, Kayla and Adam Montgomery went to a methadone clinic.
Kayla did first and Montgomery went later. When he returned to the car, he realised Harmony had another bathroom accident.
“She was crying and making a weird noise,” Kayla Montgomery said. “Adam was punching her repeatedly in the head ... He said ‘Shut the f*** up, stop crying.”

Kayla said she tried to intervene but Montgomery gave her “an evil look.” Kayla and Montgomery’s two infant kids, eight months and two years old at the time, “had no idea of what was going on.”
“He said, ‘I think I really hurt her this time,” Kayla said.
Kayla told jurors they stopped for food at Burger King and ate in the car. Montgomery placed Harmony under a comforter.

Kayla Montgomery recounts Harmony’s abuse​

15:16 , Andrea Blanco
Kayla Montgomery said that Adam Montgomery would cover Harmony with a comforter that he had inside the card to hide her bruises from people.
Kayla said Harmony was potty trained when she came to live with her and Montgomery, but after they were evicted, she stopped telling them when she needed to go to the bathroom.

She also testified that Montgomery would “smack” Harmony in her legs, face, arms anytime she soiled herself.

Kayla recounts seeing Harmony’s black eye​

14:49 , Andrea Blanco
“I came home from work and I saw her face and it was really red,” Kayla said. “Adam said that she and Shamus were playing and Shamus hit her with a lightsaber by accident.”
Kayla said that Adam Montgomery later acknowledged he had caused the black eye.
Kayla also said that Montgomery rushed out of the house with Harmony when he saw a DCFS employee approach the home after his uncle contacted the department.

Kayla Montgomery recounts decorating room for Harmony​

14:27 , Andrea Blanco
Kayla recounted how she and Adam helped decorate Harmony’s room at the Gilford Street residence.
“She like Mickey Mouse,” Kayla said.

Kayla Montgomery breaks down in tears after being shown photo of her and Harmony​

14:23 , Andrea Blanco
Kayla broke down in tears as prosecutors showed an image of her and Harmony.
“He was working to get custody of her. It took to years,” Kayla said. “[Harmony and I] took pictures and play. We always did silly pictures.”

This article talks about how KM spent hours in the shower with a frozen decomposing Harmony trying to thaw her out. I have no words. That is one of the most gruesome things I’ve ever heard. I hope that’s what she sees when she closes her eyes.

This article talks about how KM spent hours in the shower with a frozen decomposing Harmony trying to thaw her out. I have no words. That is one of the most gruesome things I’ve ever heard. I hope that’s what she sees when she closes her eyes.
She should not get immunity.
She could have stopped it or at minimum remove the child from him. Whatever they were doing drugs, not thinking clearly, meaning no good judgement. But she did put the dead baby next to her other kids in the stroller, ho-hum walking down the street. Then to help thaw and mutilate the body? No, she needs to be held accountable!
So scared of him yet she wrote a letter saying she wanted to be intimate with him one last time before her betrayal. Eew gag me with the drama! She doesn't care, she is just a low as Adam!

She should not get immunity.
She could have stopped it or at minimum remove the child from him. Whatever they were doing drugs, not thinking clearly, meaning no good judgement. But she did put the dead baby next to her other kids in the stroller, ho-hum walking down the street. Then to help thaw and mutilate the body? No, she needs to be held accountable!
So scared of him yet she wrote a letter saying she wanted to be intimate with him one last time before her betrayal. Eew gag me with the drama! She doesn't care, she is just a low as Adam!
I don't want her to get any deals but if they have to to put this monster away I can accept it.

What ever time she does get will probably be very difficult for her and the fact she will lose her own children is a small dose of justice for Harmony.

1707780116171.png

he estranged wife of a New Hampshire man accused of killing his 5-year-old daughter and hiding the child’s body for months testified Monday that she still cares about him despite the horrors she said she witnessed.

Lock them in a cell together with just enough drugs for one person and let them beat each other to death for it.

This man is truly a monster - I think he was attempting to frame this on the child's mother from the beginning.

A New Hampshire man accused of killing his 5-year-old daughter said he hated the girl “right to his core” because she reminded him of her mother, a friend of his testified Tuesday.

Rebecca Maines, who is in prison for a parole violation, testified that Adam Montgomery told her in the summer of 2021 that he had been trying to see his daughter, Harmony Montgomery, since 2019, when he dropped her off to be with her mother because he said she was having bathroom accidents “on purpose.”
Even though Adam Montgomery had been granted legal custody of the girl months before she vanished, Maines testified that he told her that Harmony's mother wouldn't allow him to visit her.
Authorities believe Montgomery killed the girl on Dec. 7, 2019, but she wasn’t reported missing until nearly two years later. Harmony's body has not been found.
Adam Montgomery, who is serving a 30-year prison sentence for an unrelated gun conviction, hasn't been attending his trial. Prosecutors rested Tuesday and the defense is scheduled to present its case on Wednesday.

Maines, who described Montgomery at one point as her best friend, also testified about an incident that happened before he said he took Harmony to her mother. She said he told her he “backhanded” his daughter after seeing her put her hand over her younger brother's lips and nose. In earlier testimony, Adam Montgomery's uncle testified that he saw Harmony with a black eye at the family home in 2019 and that Adam told him he “bashed” her around the house after seeing her put her hands on her brother.
During cross-examination, Maines was asked about her criminal record from 2014 to 2019, which includes theft and fraud convictions. She is scheduled for a parole hearing in April, but also faces several pending charges.

I would not expect any person this monster associated with to be a completely upstanding citizen.

Montgomery, 34, did not attend the trial and wasn’t present when jurors returned their verdict. He was convicted of four other charges in addition to second-degree murder: abuse of a corpse, falsifying physical evidence, assault and witness tampering.
The remains of Harmony Montgomery, who was killed in 2019 but not reported missing until 2021, have still not been found.
His attorneys earlier acknowledged his guilt on two lesser charges, that he "purposely and unlawfully removed, concealed or destroyed" her corpse and falsified physical evidence, but said he didn’t kill Harmony.
Kayla Montgomery (step-monster) is serving 18 months in prison after pleading guilty to perjury charges related to the Harmony Montgomery investigation.

He is never going to admit guilt or tell the mother of Harmony where she is :mad:

I never liked the really creepy "this should be the bizarre punishment for this guy" type people that this site sometimes has attracted. However, for this guy, not as a punishment, but as a tool to find Harmony, they should be able to remove a small portion of him, bit by bit, each week until he talks.

The stepmother of 5-year-old Harmony Montgomery, the missing girl who authorities said was killed in New Hampshire in 2019, was granted parole Thursday morning, video from her parole hearing shows.
Kayla Montgomery, whose estranged husband Adam Montgomery was found guilty last month of second-degree murder in Harmony’s death, pleaded guilty in 2022 to lying to a grand jury about when and where she was at the time her stepdaughter was last seen, according to the parole hearing and court records.
During her Thursday court hearing, Kayla Montgomery was in tears as she acknowledged she lied, emphasizing being honest about what happened “takes a lot of weight off you.

“It’s better to tell the truth and be honest so that everything else can come to light,” she said.
The stepmother said detectives could have “done their jobs sooner” in finding Harmony and finding answers about what happened to the child if she were honest all along.
The state’s parole board approved Kayla Montgomery’s parole at the morning hearing, telling her to complete all required programs and establish a home plan before she is released in May.

The board also imposed 90 days of supervision and ordered her to take part in addiction recovery and mental health treatments.

I hope she runs into fentanyl somewhere.

She could have saved Harmony from the abuse and torture she endured,

She should never be allowed to see her children again.

A New Hampshire judge has granted the request of Harmony Montgomery's biological mother to declare the 5-year-old girl legally dead.
Crystal Sorey, Harmony's mother, appeared in court Monday to make her case. Sorey's petition stated Harmony's exact date of death as unknown because the girl's remains were never found. Harmony Montgomery was last seen in 2019.
On Tuesday, the judge also granted Sorey's request to become the administrator of Harmony's estate, if Sorey meets several conditions. The girl did not have any financial assets, but the legal step will allow Sorey to pursue wrongful death lawsuits. The judge granted conditional approval.

Sorey's attorney argued that because Adam Montgomery, Harmony's father, was convicted of murdering Harmony and he admitted to abusing her corpse, she should be considered dead.
Sorey said she is pursuing a wrongful death civil case and asked the court for an expedited process.

"I'm Harmony's voice, and I'm her warrior basically, so everything I do is for her," Sorey said. "I can't let people forget. I can't only let those two people be held accountable because it's not fair, it's not true."

Does she hold herself accountable in any way?

Some of her choices allowed Harmony to be placed in danger.

I sure wish she was Harmonys voice before she got involved with drugs and lost custody of her children! Somehow it doesn’t seem fair to have children, not care for them, but be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. She started this chain of events!
I totally agree with you! You become your child’s warrior the moment they are born, not 5 years later. A warrior wouldn’t have waited 2 years to report the child as missing. Warriors kick down doors.

To me, having a child is a life long commitment. Sometimes things aren’t easy, but your child’s welfare should be your first order of business . You make sure they have what they need first. I’m glad she’s speaking out now, but it would have been much better to be Harmonys voice when she was alive and could have been saved.

Convicted child killer Adam Montgomery is scheduled to be sentenced this week for the murder of his 5-year-old daughter, Harmony.

Montgomery, 34, who will be sentenced on Thursday, faces a sentence of 35 years to life in prison. Members of Harmony’s family are expected to testify at the sentence hearing.

He was convicted of second-degree murder in February in the death of his young daughter. Montgomery attended only one day of his murder trial, and he wasn’t present when jurors returned their verdict.

Adam Montgomery, 34, was sentenced to 45 years to life in prison Thursday for murdering Harmony Montgomery. Judge Amy Messer said the sentence, as well as other sentences handed down Thursday, would be served consecutively to the decades-long sentences he's already serving for unrelated weapons charge

1:38 p.m.​

In a dramatic moment, Senior Assistant Attorney General Ben Agati says that if Adam Montgomery were to say right now in court where he disposed of Harmony's remains such that police could find her within seven days, the state would recommend a lower sentence of 35 years to life, with the sentences on the other charges being served concurrently, rather than consecutively.
There was a long silent pause when Adam Montgomery said nothing.

"Since that offer has been rejected, your honor, that is yet another reason why the minimum should not apply," Agati said.

Back