• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
The blistering email—whose author is redacted—goes on to slam the state’s Division for Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF), stating that even though they have an “open case” into Harmony, they did not remove her from the custody of Adam Montgomery, her father, even after they “witnessesed her bruises & the house at he time had no running water.”

“[N]ow its a year later & dcyf has done NOTHING to help me find her,” the email continued. “Shes supposed to be in 1st grade [Adam] NEVER enrolled her into school this whole time. Shes missed important doctors appointments shes had since a baby due to her disability in her eye.”

Before signing off the email, the author added, “My next step is going the media to get whatever help i need to find her & bring her home safe!”

The affidavit for Adam Montgomery’s arrest notes that authorities were actively investigating Harmony’s case by the time the email was sent. On Dec. 30, investigators spoke to Adam’s brother, Michael, who they said raised concerns about the child.

As investigators wrapped up a search operation Monday at a Manchester home in connection with a missing 7-year-old girl, police records show that more than two dozen calls were made about the home while the girl's family lived there.

Police and the FBI Evidence Response Team searched for clues at 77 Gilford St. for three straight days before wrapping up their efforts Monday afternoon. The home was the last known residency of Harmony Montgomery, who hasn't been seen since November 2019.

News 9 Investigates obtained police calls for service to the home from 2018 to 2021. The Manchester Police Department was contacted 29 times, often by concerned neighbors, including a dozen nuisance and animal complaints and two child welfare calls.

Manchester police filed a formal incident report on Sept. 11, 2019, to the Division of Children, Youth and Families citing "clutter and empty food containers in every room," noting that "all three children appeared clean and fed."

DCYF involvement was noted twice in August 2019, even citing the name of a child protection service worker on one report. The report also said the home was using a generator for electricity, but there was food in the house and everyone was healthy.

Last edited:
@Sue sue Could you possible paste the charges here? Site isnt available to non US people :(
Ok the article didn’t lay them out
Last week, Kayla Montgomery was charged on suspicion of obtaining $1,500 in food stamps from December 2019 to June 2021 for Harmony Montgomery, even though the girl was not living with Kayla and Adam Montgomery, Harmony’s father. She pleaded not guilty.

The new theft charge still alleges that she accepted the food stamp benefits for Harmony; it was filed under a different statute. The two “prohibited acts” misdemeanors were filed under a public welfare statute, alleging that Kayla Montgomery made intentional statements that Harmony was in her household to claim the benefits in February and March of 2021.

Last edited:
New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu said he has instructed the state’s Division for Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) to begin an “immediate review” of how it handled the case of missing 7-year-old girl Harmony Montgomery.

“Our top priority remains finding Harmony and we are turning over every stone we can to bring her home safe,” Sununu said in a statement. “From the beginning, the state has been as open and transparent as we are allowed to under the law. I have already instructed DCYF to begin an immediate review, and anytime there is a critical Incident involving a child, a cross-agency review is triggered and completed.”

Well, he [Adam Montgomery] stopped my visits three days before Easter [2019], because of the last FaceTime I had with her. He totally blocked me and everything. I right away had a bad feeling because of how he was acting in the visits, he would sit on top of us basically. I barely could have any privacy with her. FaceTimes, he was muting it, yelling at her, telling her what to say, what not to say. It was all suspicious to me. All of it. The end of May, beginning of June 2019, was the very first time I called DCF in Massachusetts to ask them if there was any transition plan, if they had been checking on her. Massachusetts [DCF] basically never did the transition plan, they never once checked on her. Massachusetts [DCF] is supposed to keep a case open [for six months] after placement to check to make sure you’re doing the right thing. I don’t understand to this day why he was able to just take her and run to New Hampshire. It blows my mind

Looks like Harmony’s stepmother was collecting food stamps until June 2021. This just seems so self serving and callous.

“Oh well. She’s missing, probably dead, but a mother still has to eat.”

The foul smell was reported at a time when Adam Montgomery - who was arrested in connection with his daughter Harmony's disappearance in 2019 - was moving out of the Manchester, New Hampshire home.
Adam allegedly told his brother he "bashed (Harmony) around the house," forced her to scrub the toilet with her toothbrush and stand in the corner for hours during a drug a relapse, according to the probable cause affidavit filed before his arrest.
”Door has not been kicked in. Looks like someone moved out, and they left the door open," according to the police report, which redacted the next couple of words. “Adam Montgomery. They were just airing it out. There was a very bad odor."
This was one of at least 16 times between January 2019 and January 2020 that police responded to the home while the Montgomerys lived there, according to the documents obtained by The Sun. Other reports detailed alleged verbal domestic fights, neighbors calling about concerns of alleged child abuse and animal abuse, and the condition of the home.

It is unclear why the Massachusetts courts moved so quickly with this permanent placement prior to the completion of the home study. Why would the Massachusetts court choose to place custody of Harmony with this horrible individual? What caused such a fateful decision?" Sununu wrote in his letter to Budd. "What makes this case exceptionally unusual is that not only did a Massachusetts judge move to place this child with such a monster as Adam Montgomery, but it did so WITHOUT an Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children (ICPC) home study to be completed. This home study likely would have proven that Adam Montgomery was unfit."
Post automatically merged:

Your motherly instincts didn’t know she was missing for two years, so I might not trust those old motherly senses just yet, Crystal.
Your statement is not true. You try reading the articles before making a statement like this.

Last edited:
The team at 5 Investigates tracked down a Massachusetts judge under fire in the case of 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery, the New Hampshire girl who has been missing for two years.

At issue is the judge’s decision to grant custody of the child, Harmony Montgomery, to her father, who has a documented history of criminal activity, much of it violent.

Sources told 5 Investigates the judge is Mark Newman, who retired in August 2019, six months after he granted custody to Harmony's father, Adam Montgomery, who was living in New Hampshire at the time.
Newman did not respond when we asked him about his custody decision in the case.

Newman sat on the bench for almost 17 years and received many awards for his work. He was the First Justice of the Essex County Juvenile Court in 2019 when he made the controversial ruling in Harmony's case. He sat as a judge in that court from 2002 until his retirement three years ago.

Records show Adam Montgomery had criminal records in Massachusetts and New Hampshire and served several years behind bars before regaining custody of his daughter.

His convictions include criminal threatening and assault, robbery at gunpoint, and armed assault with intent to murder for shooting a man he was buying heroin from in the face. Now he is a suspect in an unsolved murder and faces child endangerment and assault charges for hitting his daughter, Harmony.
“This is an appalling, appalling decision,” said child welfare advocate Maureen Flatley about Newman’s decision to give custody of Harmony to her father. She said it should have been obvious that placing Harmony with her father would put her in harm’s way.

“If anybody suggested that this child might be appropriately placed with a father that had a criminal record that included shooting somebody, they really need to have their head examined," Flatley said.

Harmony had been in the custody of the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families. 5 Investigates has learned the case was being handled by the department’s Haverhill Office.

When a child in state custody, like Harmony, is being placed in a home across state lines, the Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children comes into play.

That compact would have triggered New Hampshire's Division of Children, Youth and Families to ensure the home and the caregiver could meet the child's needs, put services in place, and make sure the child is monitored and safe.

In this case, Newman granted custody to Harmony’s father with no ICPC agreement in place.

“It seems to me like the system failed pretty much in every possible way that it could,” Flatley said.

Harmony fell off the radar of child welfare agencies despite warnings of abuse and neglect from family members and police responses to her Manchester home.

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu blasted the Massachusetts court system for placing Harmony in the hands of a "monstrous drug dealer."

"Why a judge in Massachusetts would have placed Harmony in the custody of this monster that had a record of drug dealing, assaults, violent assaults," Sununu said.

Sources told 5 Investigates DCF was against this custody placement, but there are questions as to why Harmony was not eligible for adoption.

New Hampshire’s DCYF told 5 Investigates the department was waiting on information from Massachusetts to complete that ICPC, but never received it.

A spokesperson for the Massachusetts Trial Court said an ICPC is applicable in some cases, but not all.

Newman, meanwhile, is back working in Massachusetts courtrooms as a fill-in judge.

Like I have said before the judges do not get as much blame as they deserve when children are reunited with shitty family members.

Last edited:
Investigators have narrowed the window for when a New Hampshire girl went missing to 13 days in late 2019, coinciding with the eviction of her father and stepmother and witness accounts of the family living in cars, the attorney general’s office said Monday.

Adam and Kayla Montgomery, together with two children of their own and Adam's daughter, Harmony Montgomery, age 5 at the time, were evicted from a Manchester home on Nov. 27, 2019, the office said in a news release. Police searched the home earlier this month, but have released no further information.

“Multiple individuals have reported seeing Harmony with Adam and Kayla in the following days; however, by approximately December 6–10, 2019, Adam and Kayla apparently had only their two common children, and Harmony was no longer with them," the office said.

“This information leads police to believe that it was sometime during this window of approximately November 28–December 10, 2019, that Harmony Montgomery disappeared," it said.

The witnesses reported that during that time, Adam and Kayla Montgomery and the children were homeless and living out of cars. The attorney general's office provided a description and photos of a silver 2010 Chrysler Sebring and a dark blue 2006 Audi S4.

In court Monday during an appearance for Kayla Montgomery, Assistant Attorney General Jesse O'Neill told a judge “there’s no evidence” that Harmony Montgomery was with her mother, Crystal Sorey, after Thanksgiving 2019 — or long before that.

He said Harmony’s mother has been “extremely cooperative” in the investigation. Sorey first reported her daughter was missing last November, and that she had last seen her during a FaceTime conversation in Easter 2019.

Kayla Montgomery, 31, pleaded not guilty Monday to charges she lied last year that Harmony Montgomery was in her household to claim food stamp benefits.

O'Neill asked Monday that Kayla Montgomery's $5,000 cash bail continue, saying she was a flight risk and “she knows what law enforcement is closing in on."

Kayla Montgomery, now estranged from Adam Montgomery, told police on New Year's Eve that she believed the girl was returned to her mother in 2019 after that Thanksgiving and never saw or heard about her again.

“Whatever is suggested to or alluded to by the state is not before the court. It is not an allegation facing Ms. Montgomery," said her lawyer, Paul Garrity.

Garrity said Kayla Montgomery has appeared in court in past years on various misdemeanor charges and has strong ties to the Manchester area. He suggested she would qualify for release to be part of a residential program with her children that's described on its website as offering “clinically-intensive rehab treatment" for substance use disorders.

Kayla and Adam Montgomery's children — they now have three — are currently living with Kayla Montgomery's mother in Manchester. The judge approved converting Kayla Montgomery's bail to personal recognizance “upon entry and successful completion" of the treatment program. The state would monitor her compliance, and she also would have to check in daily by phone with the Manchester Police Department.

Adam Montgomery, 31, was charged earlier this month with several counts, including failing to have Harmony in his custody. He pleaded not guilty and has been jailed without bail.

Manchester police said they last saw Harmony in September 2019, during a call to the house.

Missing Harmony Montgomery case: New Hampshire Gov. Sununu says system 'failed Harmony' amid investigation​

"The system failed Harmony," New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu, a Republican, told Fox News Digital during the National Governors Association Winter Meeting in Washington, D.C.

Harmony was believed to have last been seen with her father and stepmother sometime between November and December 2019 – as many as two weeks later than the parents had initially told authorities.

"The Harmony Montgomery case is gut-wrenching," Sununu said. "We all want to bring her home safe, and we're hopeful that there's still an ability to do that."
https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-harmony-montgomery-new-hampshire-gov-sununu-investigation

A woman connected to a controversial missing person case has died. Kelsey Small died on March 13 in Manchester, New Hampshire, said Manchester Police Public Information Officer Heather Hamel.
“Her cause of death is pending, but it is not considered suspicious,” she said.

Small was caught up in the search for Harmony Montgomery because she dated the child’s father Adam Montgomery, 31. The girl, who was 5 when last seen in 2019 and would be 7 now, was only reported missing after about two years. No one has been charged in her disappearance.

Officers said they found father Adam with Small last Dec. 31 when arresting him for second-degree assault for allegedly beating Harmony. He allegedly snubbed investigators who were trying to find the young girl safe.

“I have nothing else to say,” he said, according to an affidavit.

Small said she knew of her boyfriend’s four children, but she had no information about them, and that Adam never spoke about Harmony, police previously said.
1648080097234.png

FBI agents tasked with finding missing eight-year-old Harmony Montgomery were seen Tuesday removing a refrigerator wrapped in biohazard tape from a home previously linked to the girl's allegedly abusive father.

Investigators were filmed rolling the refrigerator from the New Hampshire residence this afternoon, wrapping the home appliance in biohazard tape and loading it and a slew of other items into a truck.

The domicile, located in Manchester on 644 Union Street, was once home to Harmony's father, Adam Montgomery, and his estranged wife Kayla - Harmony's stepmom.

Harmony, who was 5 at the time, disappeared between November 28 and December 10, 2019, while she was living with her dad at the residence, a second-floor apartment.

Last edited:

Harmony Montgomery: Extended family of missing girl not expecting 'good outcome' as feds search home​

Police returned to the former New Hampshire home of missing Harmony Montgomery Tuesday as part of a months-long search for the girl’s whereabouts, according to the state attorney general, as her extended family braced for the worst.

Authorities were seen removing evidence, including a refrigerator, from a home on Union Street in Manchester, where her dad and stepmother, Adam and his now-estranged wife Kayla Montgomery had lived.

"We have been told by officials that this probably will not have a good outcome or not the outcome we had hoped for, for Jamison and Harmony to be reunited together," Johnathon Miller, adoptive father of Harmony’s younger brother, Jamison, told Fox News Digital. "We have always held onto hope that Jamison and Harmony could be together again, but today that hope feels like it’s being ripped away from us, especially Jamison."

A spokesperson for the state attorney general's office said Tuesday evening that investigators would remain on scene into the evening but warned against "any speculation related to items being removed."

Authorities were not going to disclose details about any evidence recovered, he said, in order to "protect the integrity of the ongoing investigation."

Last edited:
"All of the (investigative) efforts have led us to conclude that Harmony Montgomery was murdered in Manchester in early December of 2019," he said. "At this point, while Harmony's remains have not yet been located, we do have multiple sources of investigative information, including just recently confirmed biological evidence that have led us to this difficult and tragic conclusion."

Holding back tears, Manchester Police Chief Allen Aldenberg implored anyone with information to come forward.

“I'm not asking you for do it for me, for the people in this room, the people that have been working this investigation. Do it for this little girl who's on the screen. The time is now. Time to step up and do the right thing,” he said."

Every person related by blood or marriage to this child is scum.

People saw her with a black eye and said nothing, he admitted to hurting her and yet they said nothing.
2 years she was missing and no one said a word.
Those quiet relatives might not be legally responsible for her death but for sure morally they should have stepped up. I hope none of them ever get another nights rest.
YES!

I may have linked this previously, but I didn’t see it. Harmony’s Charley Project entry:

Post automatically merged:

"All of the (investigative) efforts have led us to conclude that Harmony Montgomery was murdered in Manchester in early December of 2019," he said. "At this point, while Harmony's remains have not yet been located, we do have multiple sources of investigative information, including just recently confirmed biological evidence that have led us to this difficult and tragic conclusion."

Holding back tears, Manchester Police Chief Allen Aldenberg implored anyone with information to come forward.

“I'm not asking you for do it for me, for the people in this room, the people that have been working this investigation. Do it for this little girl who's on the screen. The time is now. Time to step up and do the right thing,” he said."

I don’t know how some of these detectives do it…as in do their jobs without being burdened with the weight of the crimes they work so hard to solve. We should send caring thoughts not just to Harmony’s loved ones (not including the ones who killed her), but to Chief Aldenberg and every other investigator who has been affected by this case. Even seasoned professionals can have their hearts broken.

Last edited:
Back