• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

The Disturbing Searches on Doomsday Mom Lori Vallow’s Internet History​

The same day mourners gathered to say their final goodbyes to Chad Daybell's late wife in October 2019, someone used the Gmail account associated with Doomsday author’s future spouse to browse for wedding dresses in Hawaii, an Idaho detective revealed in court Monday.

The Google search for “wedding dresses, wedding dresses in Kauai” was one of several suspicious searches that Rexburg Police Det. David Stubbs highlighted for Ada County jurors on Monday in Lori Vallow's murder trial.

Stubbs explained that authorities obtained search warrants for multiple Google accounts associated with Vallow in the missing person’s investigation for her two children, 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan. On the “lollytime4ever” Gmail account, between March and December 2019, Stubbs said, a user looked up life insurance policies, wedding bands made of “malachite,” definitions for “possess,” and how to get “get the back seat out of my jeep wrangler.

The search for wedding dresses set off alarms for police. “What also caught my attention was this was being looked at on the same day as Tammy [Daybell]’s funeral,” Stubbs said, according to EastIdahoNews.

Prosecutors allege that Vallow and Daybell conspired to fatally strangle Tammy, Daybell’s first wife, for an insurance and social security payout. Tammy was found dead in her Idaho home on Oct. 19, 2019, and originally deemed to have died of natural causes.

Tammy’s death came about a month after the couple, fueled by their doomsday-focused religious beliefs, allegedly murdered the two children in September 2019 before burying them in Daybell’s Idaho backyard. Days after Tammy’s funeral, on Nov. 19, 2019, the couple fled to Hawaii and got married.

“The missing children, the sudden death of Tammy, the quick marriage of Chad and the defendant left so many questions for those still grieving the loss of Tammy and those still wondering 24/7 about the whereabouts of the children,” Fremont County Prosecutor Lindsey Blake said in her opening statements.

Vallow has pleaded not guilty to several charges and faces a maximum sentence of life in prison. Her husband will be tried after her case and faces the death penalty.

Defense attorneys for Vallow, however, insist that while their client has eccentric religious beliefs, she is a “loving mother” who did not hurt her children.

Throughout Vallow’s trial, prosecutors have honed in on the couple’s beliefs—they belong to a renegade branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints—and how that faith allegedly played a role in the murders. This week, witnesses have also detailed how Vallow and Daybell’s electronic footprint provides an insight into their mindset around the time of the grisly crimes.

Stubbs, on his second day on the stand, explained to jurors how investigators looked into the online activity of Vallow and Daybell after the children were officially declared missing in December 2019. He said that “several” electronic search warrants were prepared in Vallow’s case—including one for Google for names and email addresses for people associated with the Idaho mom.

The detective revealed that some of those email addresses were later discovered to be connected to “burner” phones—which he noted are commonly “used by people distributing illegal drugs so they can’t have their number tracked.” He also added that Google keeps “a web” of data so everything is connected to one user.

Nicole Heideman, who works for the FBI, also went through the Google searches with the jury, before explaining how she was asked to conduct phone attribution in the investigation. Heideman noted that Daybell had nine phone numbers between October 2018 and January 2020—while Vallow had six numbers.

Detailing one of Vallow’s associated accounts, Stubbs noted that investigators were surprised that someone was looking for malachite wedding rings on Aug. 25, 2019—and that two were eventually ordered in different sizes.

“We were thinking it was odd for her to be looking at wedding rings at that time,” Stubbs said, noting that Vallow’s former husband had just died at that time and Tammy Daybell was still alive and married to the doomsday author.

1682366653626.png
https://news.yahoo.com/disturbing-searches-doomsday-mom-lori-193650550.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

1682367808481.png

Crocodile Tears

Last edited:
Why isn't the death penalty on the table for Lori? It's not like she's testifying against her lunatic husband.

March 21, 2023

Prosecutors were seeking the death penalty, but Vallow's attorneys said it should be taken off the table because they won't have time to fully review a large amount of evidence that was turned over in recent weeks.

Seventh District Judge Steven Boyce agreed at a hearing Tuesday. He noted that Vallow hasn't waived her right to a speedy trial, so the proceeding couldn't be rescheduled to give her defense team ample time to review the evidence.

March 21, 2023

Prosecutors were seeking the death penalty, but Vallow's attorneys said it should be taken off the table because they won't have time to fully review a large amount of evidence that was turned over in recent weeks.

Seventh District Judge Steven Boyce agreed at a hearing Tuesday. He noted that Vallow hasn't waived her right to a speedy trial, so the proceeding couldn't be rescheduled to give her defense team ample time to review the evidence.

Thanks, @Victoria! In that case, I hope the "former beauty queen" has a miserable rest of her life in prison!

1682446038479.png

The 18-person jury continued to listen to testimony about cellphone records in the trial of Lori Vallow Daybell, who is accused of killing her two children, Tuesday morning.

FBI Special Agent Nick Ballance, who works for the agency’s Cellular Analysis Survey Team, continued testifying Tuesday.

He presented cellphone records that placed Vallow Daybell’s brother Alex Cox at Chad Daybell’s Salem, Idaho, property — where 16-year-old Joshua Jaxon “JJ” Vallow and 7-year-old Tylee Ryan’s remains were found.

Authorities said they believe Cox — who died from natural causes — also conspired to kill JJ, Tylee and Tammy Daybell, according to the indictment filed by prosecution teams from Madison and Fremont counties.

From 9:55 p.m. to 10:12 p.m. on Sept 23., 2019, Cox’s cell phone was on Chad Daybell’s property, and the Google data showed him in the backyard near a pond — where JJ’s body was buried. Cell tower records also showed dozens of calls between the Daybells and Cox on Sept. 9 and Sept. 23 in 2019.

But, there was no GPS location data from Chad or Lori Vallow Daybell.

When asked by Vallow Daybell’s defense attorney, John Thomas, whether Ballance used any GPS data to locate Chad or Lori Vallow Daybell’s cellphone, Ballance said he didn’t.

“I didn’t have it to use,” Ballance said, referencing their location data. He added that people can opt out of Google’s location services and can turn it off.

Idaho mom Lori Vallow Daybell's older sister testifies in murder trial: 'Kids were thrown away like garbage'​

The testimony on Tuesday featured prosecutors playing a June 24, 2020 video jail call between Vallow Daybell and her older sister Summer Shiflet, made shortly after Vallow Daybell was taken into custody.

Shiflet could be heard crying and screaming on the call with Vallow Daybell after her sister's two youngest children were found by authorities in Chad Daybell's backyard in 2020.

"I know they found Tylee buried in a pet cemetery and JJ buried in Chad’s backyard, and we don’t understand how that happened," Shiflet asks Vallow Daybell. "The kids were thrown away like garbage."

As jurors in the Boise courtroom continue listening to the call between the sisters, they hear an exchange where Shiflet can't comprehend Vallow Daybell's actions surrounding her kids' deaths.

Authorities in Idaho started investigating Vallow Daybell and her husband after other family members said they hadn't heard from the couple's kids in months and reported them missing in November 2019.

Police said the kids were last seen in Rexburg, Idaho, on Sept. 23, 2019. The pair soon left Idaho and fled to Hawaii in December 2019, authorities said.

They found the couple in Kauai Hawaii in January2020 without the kids. The couple was eventually extradited back to Idaho.

"Do you think I let that happen?" said Vallow Daybell on the jail call.

"Yes, I do," Shiflet replies. "You went off to Hawaii and were dancing on the beach as the kids were in the ground. You had to know they were there. I don’t understand. They were just little kids . . . I don’t understand."

She added, "Lori, if you let this happen to them and put them in the ground like a piece of trash, I don’t know you . . . We would have taken them."

3:15 p.m.: (WARNING: Graphic and gruesome evidence is described below)

A “mass of a human remains - a dismembered, melted mass” was found in a green bucket deep under the soil on Chad Daybell's property.

Special Agent Daniels testified that as the evidence recovery team dug deeper, they found the green bucket but didn't know what it was at first. Then, they discovered a skull. This ultimately turned out to be Tylee's burial site.

Daniels told jurors that they want to be able to show people this is how Tylee and JJ were buried to depict what happened in this case.

Jurors also saw multiple photos from Daybell's property, including the interior of his shed and tools he owned that could have been used in Tylee's alleged murder.

Crews discovered JJ's burial site before uncovering Tylee's.

Last edited:

Disturbing recordings played in trial of Lori Vallow Daybell as her sister testifies​

The Idaho mother accused of killing two of her children, was heard on a recording played in court Tuesday saying she deserved to find happiness. The tape was played by prosecutors in her trial in Boise, as her sister, Summer Shiflet, testified.

Shiflet was heard sobbing and screaming on a jailhouse call with Vallow Daybell after her children's remains were found by police in June 2020.

"I would have taken Tylee and JJ in a heartbeat and everybody else would've too, you know that," Shiflet said on the call.

On the stand, Shiflet said she had a close relationship with her sister and spoke to Vallow Daybell in February 2020, two months after Vallow Daybell's children were reported missing.

"She basically told me that she was aware of where they were and that they were safe," Shiflet said.

But in the video call recorded in June 2020, Shiflet grilled her sister.

"You don't think I'm in pain?" Lori said.

"No, I don't!" Shiflet said. "I think you were dancing on the beach having a great time, getting married, and you took pictures to prove it!"

Prosecutors say Vallow Daybell and her fifth husband, Chad Daybell, used "doomsday" beliefs involving zombies to justify murdering the children, along with Daybell's first wife, Tammy Daybell.

"I know you've told me about a lot of your spiritual experiences," Shiflet said on the call. "There is nothing okay about killing children."

Last edited:
Forensic pathologist Dr. Garth Warren, who performed JJ’s autopsy, took the stand. Warren determined that JJ’s cause of death was asphyxia, and he said JJ was killed with a plastic bag over his head and duct tape over his mouth. Dr. Warren described a white plastic bag as having been wrapped around JJ’s face multiple times, with duct tape all the way down to his neck.

Daniels testified that when they found Tylee’s remains, agents initially were unable to identify them as human due to the extent of burning and charring. Daniels described Tylee’s remains to appear like crumbly cement and melted together.

Daniels testified that when they found Tylee’s remains, agents initially were unable to identify them as human due to the extent of burning and charring. Daniels described Tylee’s remains to appear like crumbly cement and melted together.

That statement really got to me, she was not even identifiable as human to start with, they had mutilated her body so horribly. She was found in a bucket, buried deep.

I really hope we don't have a Casey Anthony jury, even before the trial started the prosecution has been acting as if they don't know what the hell they're doing, the main reason she's not facing the death penalty is because the prosecution was not turning over evidence in a timely manner, don't want no other mistakes that might get her off.

@cubby

'JJ was killed with a plastic bag over his head and duct tape over his mouth. Dr. Warren described a white plastic bag as having been wrapped around JJ’s face multiple times, with duct tape all the way down to his neck.'

Having read that I immediately wondered.if JJ was still alive when thrown down into the hole that Daybell had prepared. Every attempted breath would have been desperate.

Wednesday 26 April 2023

Dr Christiansen’s testimony

The locations of the sharp trauma injuries are centered around Tylee’s pelvis with one right above the public region.

This is especially inconsistent with dismemberment.

Dr Christensen explains bone trauma, saying there is blunt trauma, sharp trauma, and high-velocity trauma.

She identified sharp trauma on three of Tylee’s bones, on the left and right hip bones, and the back of her pelvis. The tool that caused this trauma would have a “small service area” with a beveled edge or point.

Dr Christiansen says sharp traumas from dismemberments occur around joints, but these traumas are not from dismemberment.

Photographs, images, and scans taken from the examination of Tylee’s bones are submitted into evidence and displayed to the court.

Dr Christiansen says she found evidence of “carnivore activity” on the back of Tylee’s femur. Her report shows at least one bone was bent at or around the time of death and there was extensive thermal damage.

The next witness for the prosecution is Dr Angi Christensen, a forensic anthropologist for the FBI who works in Quantico, Virginia.

She can give an in-depth examination of a skeleton but cannot determine the cause and manner of death of an individual. She would begin with a visual examination of the bones before progressing to the use of a microscope or X-rays.

The Ada County Coroner requested help from Dr Christensen. SHe did the initial visual assessment, measured the bones, looked at some items with a microscope, and did a CT scan of the bones.

Dr Christensen examined around 100 bones belonging to Tylee Ryan, representing all the major parts of the skeleton. They were fragmented and burned. Three bones had sharp edges as if impacted with a tool, others were bent.

Talking about JJ’s cause of death (asphyxia), Dr Warren is asked if he swabbed JJ’s sinuses, to which he says no; or his throat, to which he says “yes”.

Thomas asks if there were traces of microplastics and is told that they would not have found that.

He asks how he concluded that JJS wss strangled with a plastic bag.

Dr Warren explains that here was evidence of struggle and the bag was duct-taped, but adds that it is possible.

Asked if the bag could have been put on after death, he concedes that it is possible, however, he says if you have a person with a plastic bag taped over his head and the autopsy shows nothing else, you would assume it was asphyxia.

Unlike the photos of JJ’s autopsy, some of Tylee’s photos will be shown on the big screen in court.

“But there are some photographs in here, not all of them, in order to minimize the inflammatory effect should not be shown on the large projector screen,” Boyce says.

The court is reminded that Tylee’s remains came for autopsy in three separate bags. In bag two was a single strand of hair along with the melted green bucket.

Multiple pieces of soft tissue, skeletal muscle, the liver, and other organs were sent off for potential DNA analysis along with the hair.

https://twitter.com/PrettyLiesAlibi
Lori has her neck bent down - almost chin to chest. We are on Tylee's photos. I can't see if she is writing or not #lorivallow
@LawCrimeNetwork

On Wednesday, jurors heard details of JJ and Tylee’s autopsies and their causes of death — he had been suffocated with a plastic bag, and she had been murdered by “unspecified means”.

GHB, known as a date rape drug, was also found in JJ’s system.

Last edited:
She identified sharp trauma on three of Tylee’s bones, on the left and right hip bones, and the back of her pelvis. The tool that caused this trauma would have a “small service area” with a beveled edge or point

A screwdriver, I betcha.

And what's with the concentration of blows to JJ's pelvis, like a scorned lover wanting to inflict as much damage as possible. The depravity of these people knows no bounds.

I hope both Lori and Chad live the rest of their miserable lives in torment, but I'm really thinking Lori still feels they did the right thing, she just doesn't impress me as sympathetic. At all.

Tylee’s DNA found on pickaxe at Daybell home as photos show body hacked and burned​

On Thursday, jurors heard details about the examination of Tylee’s remains including impact marks from where she was struck with what transpired to be a pickaxe. Traces of her blood were also found on the tool.

In addition, fingerprint analysis showed prints on the bag in which JJ was wrapped matched those of Lori’s brother, Alex Cox.

Warning: Graphic

On Thursday, jurors heard details about the examination of Tylee’s remains revealing that her killer had chopped at her body with a pickaxe. Traces of her DNA were found on the tool.

Fingerprint analysis also showed prints on the bag used to smother JJ matched Ms Vallow’s brother Alex Cox.

Tammy’s sister Samantha Gwilliam will return to the stand on Friday to testify about her sibling’s sudden death.

A screwdriver, I betcha.

And what's with the concentration of blows to JJ's pelvis, like a scorned lover wanting to inflict as much damage as possible. The depravity of these people knows no bounds.

I hope both Lori and Chad live the rest of their miserable lives in torment, but I'm really thinking Lori still feels they did the right thing, she just doesn't impress me as sympathetic. At all.
Those were pick axe blows to Tylee's pelvis, probably breaking up the remains as they burned.

Lori Vallow Daybell trial: Day 19 live updates​

A DNA analyst said a hair strand on adhesive she received from police matched Lori Vallow.

A DNA analyst from Bode Technology, who said she discovered hair found on adhesive matched Lori Vallow's DNA profile.

Honestly, what was this Morticia and Gomez thinking? Once they acted on their murder for profit of Tylee and JJ, minor children in the custody of their mother, wouldn't set off red flags in every direction?

Oh, and then bury them on property that you own after your heinous degradation of their remains.

Oh, and then murder a spouse who is in your way of a life insurance pay out and a honeymoon in Hawaii.

Oh, and then ..... the hinky list goes on and on.

Honestly, what was this Morticia and Gomez thinking? Once they acted on their murder for profit of Tylee and JJ, minor children in the custody of their mother, wouldn't set off red flags in every direction?

Oh, and then bury them on property that you own after your heinous degradation of their remains.

Oh, and then murder a spouse who is in your way of a life insurance pay out and a honeymoon in Hawaii.

Oh, and then ..... the hinky list goes on and on.
Blinded by greed and "love?"

Back